Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Houston Roll Call  (Read 14478 times)

htown

Re: Houston Roll Call
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2005, 11:41:38 PM »
I'm headed my way to UHLC from the midwest. 

where2g0

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2005, 11:44:29 PM »
I'm headed my way to UHLC from the midwest. 

What part of midwest?

Don't bring a heavy coat. 

htown

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2005, 11:52:44 PM »
Illinois. 

I actually lived in Houston for a couple years in the recent past.  I'll be happy to trade snow, ice and sleet for the tropical storms. 

But I'll be honest.  Moving in July or August doesn't seem that appealing at the moment. 

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2005, 11:56:52 PM »
Illinois. 

I actually lived in Houston for a couple years in the recent past.  I'll be happy to trade snow, ice and sleet for the tropical storms. 

But I'll be honest.  Moving in July or August doesn't seem that appealing at the moment. 

Same here. I'm excited to move but not to one of the hottest parts of the country in the hottest part of the year! LOL. Pay someone. It's worth it. For the good of my marriage, we are not driving out there or moving our own stuff. Could you imagine? Yuck.

So is anyone interested in the theatre tix?

tracigu3

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - tracigu3@sbcglobal.net
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tracigu3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2005, 10:03:23 AM »
About the theatre tickets-- You get six shows per season, you choose your package based on what day/night you want to go, and the season prices are ~$100, 200, 300 or 400 depending on how much you want to spend for your seats.

About financial aid-- I have not received any emails!!!  OMG, this must mean I am not getting any aid, dear Lord what a downer.  I'm going to call L.Neal right now to make sure there hasn't been some sort of terrible mistake.

cmbake31

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2005, 12:09:23 AM »
I'll be attending UH in the fall.  I'm moving from the big metropolis of College Station after I graduate in ONE week....woohoo

cmbake31

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2005, 12:10:49 AM »
By the way, I also got the e-mail a couple of days ago about the Stafford Loan.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2005, 12:11:37 AM »
I'll be attending UH in the fall.  I'm moving from the big metropolis of College Station after I graduate in ONE week....woohoo

Welcome to the crew! Tell us more about yourself.

I'd say welcome to Houston but I'm not there yet either!

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2005, 12:03:00 AM »
Does anyone else feel like law school is so far away? I can't wait to move to Houston and get started.

Oh yeah, bump.

DiddyDo

• I wanna rock and roll all night....
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2005, 12:57:08 AM »
Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the slow response, I'm not too quick :-).  I've been trying to decide between Houston and Baylor, and I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Houston.  Like others on the board, I just don't think Baylor is worth the extra cash.

I'm 29 and I graduated from West Texas A&M in '03.  It took me several years (10) to get a bachelor's degree, but I've been working for Nationwide Insurance for the last 6 1/2 years. I'm a native Texan, but I've never lived in Houston - College Station was as close as I've come (Texas A&M undergrad for 2 years).

Scurvy - I actually feel like school is coming at light speed.  I've been honest with my company about my plans, and I think they're trying to work every ounce of production out of me before I leave.  12-hour days don't leave much time to sit around and think about what's coming.  It's more like I look up and another week just passed.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting all of you!  I've read posts from many of you and your insights and information have always been appreciated!