Law School Discussion

Houston Roll Call

fliingdutchmn

• You're a dirty bugger aren't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Houston Roll Call
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 07:43:25 AM »
Scurvy checking in here. I was there on the 16th too. I was the one that knew way too much about the required laptop and its specs. I was also one of the only girls in jeans and I was late. Dean Tennessee told me check-in started at 9, not ended at 9. Oh well. Can't wait to see everyone when I get to town!

I made my decision without the actual financial aid package. Even paying full price, UH is cheap for law school. Plus, I sortof figured it out. I added $5k to last year's budget,  subtracted my EFC, subtracted my scholarship, and then looked at that number. Then I subtracted $18500 in Federal aid (which I know  I'm eligible for from other schools that have done their aid packages). Whatever was left will be covered in private loans. Well, the EFC has to be taken out in private loans too. Blech. So you should have an idea of what the aid package is going to look like before it comes to you. Best case scenario, I get another scholarship or loan with great terms throught the school. Worst case scenario, I pay what I calculated earlier.

Did they inform you of your scholarship separately?  I received a hefty Law-Medicine scholarship from Case, so I've been surprised that I've recceived nothing from them yet!

where2g0

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 05:19:52 PM »
I added $5k to last year's budget,  subtracted my EFC, subtracted my scholarship, and then looked at that number.

A  scholarship with a 152 and 3.2??

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 07:56:35 PM »
I added $5k to last year's budget,  subtracted my EFC, subtracted my scholarship, and then looked at that number.

Yes. A received scholarships at all but 2 of the 20+ schools to which I was accepted. I made my case well and was not timid about asking.

The scholarship notification came separately. I was emailed on a Saturday morning and received the hard copy about five days later.

where2g0

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 08:11:35 PM »

Yes. A received scholarships at all but 2 of the 20+ schools to which I was accepted. I made my case well and was not timid about asking.

The scholarship notification came separately. I was emailed on a Saturday morning and received the hard copy about five days later.

Right on!

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 08:28:28 PM »

Right on!

They couldn't resist my magical booty either.  ;)

where2g0

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 08:31:09 PM »

Right on!

They couldn't resist my magical booty either.  ;)

I can't wait to see it myself ;)

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2005, 09:36:44 AM »
A meet and greet sounds great! ScurvyWench, are you still thinking about a party at your new house?  Whatever anyone decides on, I would love to help!

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2005, 06:35:55 PM »
Yep, still planning on the party. Totally looking forward to it.

I received an email today about receiving a Stafford Loan. It also said I'd have my finalized award offer in the mail in 5-7 days. Anyone else get this email?

Finally, Tracigu3 and I are thinking of buying season tickets to the live theatre (Theatre Under the Stars), anyone else interested?

where2g0

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2005, 07:08:32 PM »
Yep, still planning on the party. Totally looking forward to it.

I received an email today about receiving a Stafford Loan. It also said I'd have my finalized award offer in the mail in 5-7 days. Anyone else get this email?

Finally, Tracigu3 and I are thinking of buying season tickets to the live theatre (Theatre Under the Stars), anyone else interested?

Got the same email.  Finally! 

htrus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2005, 07:28:42 PM »
got the same e-mail today.