Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where are you from and what schools are you by?  (Read 17575 times)

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Where are you from and what schools are you by?
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2004, 02:55:21 PM »
i'm from two places, actually.....used to live in hawaii.....there's only one law school in hawaii, the university of hawaii william S. richardson school of law at manoa......

and in minnesota, 4 law schools:

U of M [the top one]
St. thomas [the newst one]
Hamline [alternative dispute resoultion]
William Mitchell [part time prorams]

also, there's some nice colleges and universities....st. thomas, U of M, Macalaster college [a bunch of commies there  :D ].....etc

also in northfield, minnesota there's carlton college and st. olaf.

laurel131

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2004, 03:13:20 PM »
Jacy85 - I'm from NC....Winston Salem, actually...and I'm very very familiar with Raleigh and Charlotte. The law schools in NC range from Duke & Wake Forest to UNC, to the lower scaled Campbell University (Buies Creek, NC ...literally in the middle of a corn field) and North Carolina Central in Raleigh. I would highly highly recommend Chapel Hill and Charlotte to anyone, and for that matter, Winston Salem as well. Each city has great little areas for diversity, etc...great downtowns...and the locations of Charlotte and Winston are close to the mountains (snow skiing) or water skiing & boating (Lake Norman, about 20-30 minutes from Charlotte)..

Elon University is actually planning to open up a law school in Greensboro in the coming years, the location was already been established. I also know that UNC-Charlotte has also applied for a law school charter.

Good Luck!

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2004, 08:16:35 PM »
Thanks guys for the info on NC!!  ;D

I was a little confused about my geography and school locales, apparently.  At least I knew what schools were in NC, right?

My bf had agreed to move with me where ever I went for school, and then tentatively asked where I was looking, and I'm sure he was saying something like "oh god, please somewhere nice!"  When I said NC (good schools, a few to choose from, and from what I'd heard, a nice area), he was extremely happy.  So that's where I'm setting my sights.

Thanks again for all the helpful info!

mkrvgoalie

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2011, 03:56:29 PM »
originally from nyc suburbs.  schools nearby:

-ALL nyc schools - commute time depends on which school.  i'm in queens right now. see approx times below
- SJU (and other Queens schools) - 5-10 mins by car. 
- Midtown city schools - 25 mins by mass transit
- Downtown city schools - 45 mins by mass transit
- Columbia - 30 by car, 45 mins by mass transit
- BLS - 25 mins by car; 45-1hr by mass transit
- Rutgers-Newark, Seton Hall - both 45-1hr away by car
- Pace - 1 hr away by car

'course all these times can vary greatly depending on traffic.  but i'm sure that goes without saying on most commute times throughout the country.

Touro School of Law- 15 mins via car or 25 via mass transit from my house

lawyersintampa

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2011, 02:05:08 AM »
Nearby University of Hawaii Richardson School of Law...

bmlinds

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2012, 11:06:34 PM »
Nobody is from my neck of woods?

Upstate South Carolina so the only choices are as follows:

Charleston School of Law (only accredited within the last year and very expensive)
University of South Carolina

Me personally I'm applying to schools out west because having gone to Clemson for undergrad I'd rather go to DeVry Institute of Law than be a Gamecock. However, I work for two attorneys who have gone to each and they are both great men and great attorneys, however the one who went to Charleston regrets it because he says it's too expensive.