Law School Discussion

Unbelievable

A.J

Re: Unbelievable
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2005, 03:28:54 PM »
Ok, that makes it sound possibly credible.  It just seems like odd language to me.

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2005, 03:38:08 PM »
Strange, I got a (return) email from a T14 school saying,

"We are sorry you didn't receive our letter, and we do not give decisions via email loser, but we think you will be extremely discouraged by our decision.  Now go back to your pitiful little life"

A.J

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2005, 03:45:28 PM »
Strange, I got a (return) email from a T14 school saying,

"We are sorry you didn't receive our letter, and we do not give decisions via email loser, but we think you will be extremely discouraged by our decision.  Now go back to your pitiful little life"

Thats bull too becuase they would have put "HTH" at the bottum.

;)

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2005, 03:52:42 PM »
LOL!

You are right, the HTH would have been wholly appropriate!

Nizzy

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2005, 10:10:36 PM »
Schools do play the not-so-subtle e-mail acceptance game, including GULC.  If you want someone more credible to ask about that, there is always Bachante.  As for the OP, the complete lack of details and numbers probably does indicate it is not true and he has done nothing to chance that as of yet.

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2005, 07:04:47 AM »
GentleMoose,

I got the same "subtle enough" email from GULC earlier this week. I was already on waitlist at the time.

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2005, 08:05:48 AM »
Wow, the Newbies are coming out of the woodwork.  Or, maybe it's the OP - don't you have anything better to do than create new accounts all day. 

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2005, 09:44:06 AM »
I don't find that Dean's response strange at all. Most law schools seem to have a VERY strict policy of not releasing that information over the phone. But subtle (or not so subtle, in this case) hints are probably not off-limits.

I 've worked in 2 admissions offices(not law) in 2 different states. Both schools/areas have different policies on how they can release info.

midjeep

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2005, 06:56:18 PM »
Maybe she/he/it has a multiple personality. Would that require more than one application?