Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Unbelievable  (Read 2230 times)

A.J

Re: Unbelievable
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 12:21:50 AM »
I find the whole "I cant tell you but you'll be extemely pleased" highly weird and unlikely to come from a dean.

Who's Crowdaddy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fuc% Y'all, I'm From Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 12:38:55 AM »
I find the whole "I cant tell you but you'll be extemely pleased" highly weird and unlikely to come from a dean.

Good point.
I fought the Law and the Law won

I am the Law

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 12:40:22 AM »
of course, now i'm suspicious because the OP hasn't yet responded.  whatev.

ormachea

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 01:54:52 AM »
I don't find that Dean's response strange at all. Most law schools seem to have a VERY strict policy of not releasing that information over the phone. But subtle (or not so subtle, in this case) hints are probably not off-limits.

But I also don't much trust someone with only 4 posts who doesn't repost on his own thread in response to our questions.

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 03:12:04 AM »
WTF you SOB where's the repost.  Defend your bitchass.  Originally I amy have believed, but now.....

Don't take my suggestive langaue personal, I just hate stories with no end.

DodgerLaw

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2005, 03:14:18 AM »
Flame. Newbie account. If an LSD all-star with a good rep had said it of course I would believe it.

Nizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2005, 03:15:20 AM »
While I agree that the above poster sounds fishy, I wanted to add something to the conversation.  I was placed on the preferred waitlist at georgetown and admitted for 2006.  I received an e-mail just recently that sounds very much like the one the OP claims to have received. The first paragraph:

I am e-mailing you today with some news from Georgetown Law Center. 
Our policy does not allow us to give decisions by e-mail, but I can
say this--when you receive your letter today, I feel certain you will
be pleased (subtle enough?).

Kind if a dumb policy since there is no way to take that as anything but a decision, but i suppose they can do what they like, i don't really care.  So, while the overturned rejection thing does seem out of wack, it does seem that it is either true, or the OP at least knows someone that got this e-mail.  Regardless, I am elated without being confused since i would have waited out the year rather than settle.

This is my first post, but I have been lurking since December and never really felt like I had anything productive to add until now.  Very happy to be goin to law school next year (let the deposit deadlines pass on some other schools on purpose.)

A.J

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2005, 11:28:06 AM »
LOL, nice try creating another account to support yourself.

Nizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2005, 12:03:26 PM »
Heh, i figured that was the responce i would get since i have never posted before just like the OP.  Well, you can believe what you you like about mine, but I am as curious as you in regards to whether that story is true.  It doesn't seem to be, obviously, but the resemblance to how I got notified still makes me wonder.

DodgerLaw

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2005, 05:10:03 PM »
LOL, nice try creating another account to support yourself.

Ditto that.