Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC'08  (Read 1074 times)

DeltaTauKyle

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hrm, I look pasty...must be engineering.
    • ICQ Messenger - 272630
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DeltaTauKyle
    • View Profile
    • Email
BC'08
« on: April 26, 2005, 08:09:44 PM »
I happen to see alot of BC people popping in and out of different threads.  I thought it would be nice to have a central location to talk about things, such as where we are living, etc.  Mostly, this is because I despise that WebCT atrocity on the admitted student's website.

So, I'll start.  I'm going to BC :)
BC Law '08
Summer IP Intern

ziti

• View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=ziti
    • Email
Re: BC'08
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 08:47:02 PM »
Yeah I'm going to BC too.  I live in Leominster right now, which is 45 minutes away.  I've been looking for apartments in the area lately.  My girlfriend's family lives a quarter mile from the school, so I've already got a parking spot, and I know the area quite well.

The forum at BC's website is terrible.  I find this forum much easier to use.

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 09:46:17 PM »
DeltaTauKyle and I are old discussion thread pals by now on the topic of BC, but I'll jump on to the list. I'm heading to BC as well.

I will point out that on the graduate portion of this site, there is a specific Boston College area.  With that said, its much easier to have everything in one sub-section, so i'm all for this one.

I too know the Newton area fairly well.

miller

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 09:25:13 AM »

I am definitly going. I just got an apartment out in the brookline/allston area near the T, but I decided to also bring a car as I dont want to be too dependent on that shuttle.

miller

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 09:27:01 AM »

Also, there is a discussion board on the Graduate side of this website that has a board for specific schools. I believe there are some posts about decided BC students, but I dont really post over there.
hth.

DeltaTauKyle

• Sr. Citizen
    • ICQ Messenger - 272630
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 09:28:05 AM »
DeltaTauKyle and I are old discussion thread pals by now on the topic of BC, but I'll jump on to the list. I'm heading to BC as well.

I promise to be less of a jackass now that I've decided
BC Law '08
Summer IP Intern

carly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 09:52:45 AM »
I too will be attending BC in the fall. I still have no idea where to live, so if any of you have some advice, then please pass along. I will bring my car there but I would still like to live somewhat close to the law school.

DeltaTauKyle

• Sr. Citizen
    • ICQ Messenger - 272630
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 10:09:07 AM »
Anyone interested in potentially getting a 3 bedroom apt?  I know that I will be rooming with JoeOrgan (another poster here), and I wouldn't be opposed to another BC 1L to live with.  I also have the BC apartment listing pdf they sent, which I've been browsing.  Joe has some friends at BC looking for us as well.  PM me if you're interested.
BC Law '08
Summer IP Intern

DeltaTauKyle

• Sr. Citizen
    • ICQ Messenger - 272630
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 10:35:13 AM »
I've heard that BC doesn't rank the class...is this true?  If so, what kind of rating information do they use?
BC Law '08
Summer IP Intern

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 11:12:36 AM »

I promise to be less of a jackass now that I've decided

no problem DeltaTauKyle...online personalities can come off wrong at times.

As for the ranking question, I believe it is true that BC does not literally rank the class.  However, they provide "grade distribution charts" to potential employers so they have a reference as to where a certain GPA places a student in the class.  I like this personally.  While you are still going to get credit for being in a certain range, there is no need to cut the throat of someone next to you simply to move up in the class one spot. 

For the rooming situation...when are you guys planning on moving into the Boston area?