Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has anyone else NOT received their UT financial aid award letter?  (Read 3408 times)

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone else NOT received their UT financial aid award letter?
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2005, 07:09:43 PM »
What made you pick NorthStar?
Attending: Texas

Who's Crowdaddy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fuc% Y'all, I'm From Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2005, 07:15:31 PM »
Has anyone actually applied for the loans? I selected on the EFAN, but I haven't actually done anything with Access yet.
I fought the Law and the Law won

I am the Law

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2005, 07:36:33 PM »
I think they are supposed to send you the information in the mail to apply?  I haven't gotten it yet, but I just selected my lender.

Also, has anybody gotten their Master Promissory Note in the mail from their lender?

biglarryowens

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • biglarryowens on LSN
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2005, 07:38:21 PM »
I went with Access also and have not gotten my Master Promissary Note yet..
166/3.58
Attending UT ($)
Yes: USC, Wash U, USD, ASU, William&Mary, Indiana, UofA, UNLV, Illinois, UT Austin
No: NYU, Georgetown, Columbia, Yale, Havard, Penn, Duke
Defer: Cornell
Waitlist: UCLA

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=biglarryowens

MP005

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2005, 08:40:10 PM »
Are we supposed to apply seperately from the EFAN thing??? Because I was under the impression from the UT Financial Aid office that they did something with that (hence why they wanted at least the federal loan thing decided but weren't as in a rush about the private loans?)

Also, has anyone else noticed that the totals on the finacial aid pages and the estimated budget don't quite add up? What am I missing here?:) The key word being estimated, but it's making  it a little annoying to plan :)

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2005, 12:57:01 PM »
If you got any school scholarships, they might account for the missing money.  If it still doesn't add up, how much is it off by?  I haven't checked so I didn't know it was "off."

My understanding is that whoever you selected for your loan will send you information in the mail about applying.  I just hope they don't run my credit immediately because I just sent in a big check to pay down my credit card for the sole purpose of being approved.

MP005

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2005, 06:47:10 PM »
Adding in merit money (yes, I remembered) the difference between UT's Financial Aid Package and the estimated UT 2005-06 budget was around 2000. I am not sure. I'll have to check. That's 2 grand in our favor, btw... I remember it being around 29800 by my calculations, compared with the estimated 31 grand. I'll have to pull out my notes to check.

Glad they are going to send me info. I prefer to sit back and let them come to me.
 ;D

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2005, 09:42:07 PM »
What made you pick NorthStar?

Best chance for lowest total cost due to no points and future discounts.  Access is pretty close, though, and has the advantage of direct relationships with UT.

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2005, 04:35:35 PM »
Adding in merit money (yes, I remembered) the difference between UT's Financial Aid Package and the estimated UT 2005-06 budget was around 2000. I am not sure. I'll have to check. That's 2 grand in our favor, btw... I remember it being around 29800 by my calculations, compared with the estimated 31 grand. I'll have to pull out my notes to check.

Glad they are going to send me info. I prefer to sit back and let them come to me.
 ;D

Well, lets just be glad that they added it in to our favor instead of the otherway around.  Don't say anything and maybe they won't notice.  ;)