Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has anyone else NOT received their UT financial aid award letter?  (Read 3395 times)

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
It seems like everyone else on here has gotten their letter.  Wondering if I am the only one who hasn't...  I've gotten award letters from Tulane, Baylor and UofH (even though I didn't send a deposit in to any of those schools), but nothing from Austin. 

They sent me an email that I had to submit additional data, but I didn't get the email until after April 1st (their deadline) and now I am starting to get concerned that this means I won't receive any grants. Anybody else in my same boat?
Attending: Texas

cutcut

• Sr. Citizen
  • I remember it as if it were a meal ago
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone else NOT received their UT financial aid award letter?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 05:30:29 PM »
I haven't gotten mine yet either. Supposedly, the fin aid office is processing letters tonight. If I doin't see anything tonight or tomrrow, I'm going to harass them again.

[insert clever quote here]
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=cutcut

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 04:02:47 PM »
I called today as well (to make sure they got my addendum form, for one thing) and they indicated they should all be out by the end of the week, for whatever that's worth.

wanderingalaskan

• Sr. Citizen
  • Probably won't have moose in the yard at UT!
    • View Profile
    • WanderingAlaskan's LS info
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 04:31:38 PM »
I haven't received my financial aid letter either, but did get an email stating that pending my FAFSA adjustment (after tax day), my file is awaiting review by a financial aid counselor.

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 06:08:46 PM »
Thanks for the responses!  Hopefully, we will all hear something soon!  Maybe they just decided to save the best for last and the rest of us are going to hear about our full-rides.  ;)  A girl can dream... 

I just thought of something else-maybe they are going in alphabetical order.  Are the first letter of yalls last names near the end of the alphabet?  Mine is. Or maybe it is because we all had to submit those additional letters that are supposed to cancel out our income.
Attending: Texas

wanderingalaskan

• Sr. Citizen
  • Probably won't have moose in the yard at UT!
    • View Profile
    • WanderingAlaskan's LS info
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 06:12:49 PM »
Thanks for the responses!  Hopefully, we will all hear something soon!  Maybe they just decided to save the best for last and the rest of us are going to hear about our full-rides.  ;)  A girl can dream... 

I just thought of something else-maybe they are going in alphabetical order.  Are the first letter of yalls last names near the end of the alphabet?  Mine is. Or maybe it is because we all had to submit those additional letters that are supposed to cancel out our income.
Mine starts with G, so I am not sure about the alphabetical theory.

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 10:11:06 PM »
I haven't received my financial aid letter either, but did get an email stating that pending my FAFSA adjustment (after tax day), my file is awaiting review by a financial aid counselor.

I got some funky e-mail message today as well asking me to make sure all my addresses, etc., were up to date.  Seems odd since I thought the notification comes via e-mail, which I assume would be to the same address as this e-mail.  Anyhow, also strange it happens to come the day that I called UT. 

cutcut

• Sr. Citizen
  • I remember it as if it were a meal ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 10:28:07 AM »
I e-mailed the Law School Fin Aid office to inquire about my letter and it was processed about an hour later. Unfortunately, ElizaB, there was no full-ride attached.  :-\
[insert clever quote here]
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=cutcut

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 11:06:17 PM »
UPDATED: I received mine tonight.  It was confusing, because they do not specifically call out the overall total or the EFC contribution and scholarship effect.  You have to back into it all from the loans, etc. included in the award. 

I had to call in this morning to sort it out.  However, they were very helpful, and the effect of the income restatement was HUGE.  I am pretty happy with the results.

Oh, also, did anyone have an inactive link for activating your e-fan?

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 05:36:53 PM »
Well, another day, another change.  So, for some reason, they have to do another review apparently due to the updated FAFSA/SAR.  Supposedly, they couldn't actually do the award until the received the official SAR from the FAFSA folks, so it looks like they jumped the gun, even though the data is *supposed* to stay the same.  Anyhow, updates should be completed by end of week, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Just wanted to let anyone know in case they are still waiting that apparently the process is still ongoing.  Creaky and hesitating, but ongoing.   :-\