Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SLU and WUSTL visit  (Read 949 times)

verbal213

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go crazy folks, go crazy!!
    • View Profile
SLU and WUSTL visit
« on: April 26, 2005, 02:50:09 PM »
I visited SLU and WUSTL with my PAD pre-law chapter on Friday.  Here's a brief report.  The people at SLU were very nice and helpful.  However, I didn't much care for the campus.  The law school is almost like a maze.  WUSTL is a very beautiful building, and I was very impressed with it.  The tour was conducted by a 1L, so he gave us some interesting info about law school and stuff like that.  However, they were not nearly as accomodating as SLU.  This makes sense, considering that they don't have to work as hard to get people to come there, since they have the benefit of a higher ranking.  However, I don't know how representative either of these tours were, considering it was the last day of classes for both schools, and things were pretty crazy.

I'm just posting this right before I have to go to class, so I recognize that it's not a great post.  If anyone has any specific questions about either school, go ahead and post them and I'll see what I can do.

Verbal
<a href="http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=verbal213> LSN [/url]

Meatwad make the money, see.  Meatwad get the honeys, G.  Driving in my car, living like a star, ice on my fingers and my toes and on my Taurus.

Texas Tiger

• View Profile
    • Statistics
Re: SLU and WUSTL visit
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 03:45:46 PM »
I visited WUSTL as well on Friday but must have been on a different tour since ours was done by a girl 1L.  I didn't visit SLU but I thought the admissions office and everyone else at WUSTL was extremely helpful and accomadating.  I also sat in on a class and even though it was the last day, you could tell that the professor was very engaging and personable.  I was very impressed with the school and I will be attending this fall. 

ramason

• AOL Instant Messenger - Roxanna1314
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 09:46:08 AM »
Its too bad neither of you could make it to WUSTL last Thursday.  It was the last day for most of the 3Ls, so they had a party in the courtyard, and then a large number of them proceeded to take beer into the final classes of their academic careers.  It was nice to see that even after completing an educational experience that is considered by most to be fairly hellish that they were able to cut lose and just be silly.
LSAT:  169
UGPA:  3.29
Accepted:  WUSTL$, SLU$$$
WL:  Northwestern, UIUC
Rejected:  GW
Pending: Penn, Emory, Vandy

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 12:00:55 AM »
verbal-  what did you think of the students at SLU?  I went on a late Friday afternoon so I didn't get to talk to too many.  The class I sat in seemed kinda dead...maybe unprepared. 

I personally loved the facilities though.
Fed gov't atty

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 12:21:28 AM »
I visited SLU and WUSTL with my PAD pre-law chapter on Friday.  Here's a brief report.  The people at SLU were very nice and helpful.  However, I didn't much care for the campus.  The law school is almost like a maze.  WUSTL is a very beautiful building, and I was very impressed with it.  The tour was conducted by a 1L, so he gave us some interesting info about law school and stuff like that.  However, they were not nearly as accomodating as SLU.  This makes sense, considering that they don't have to work as hard to get people to come there, since they have the benefit of a higher ranking.  However, I don't know how representative either of these tours were, considering it was the last day of classes for both schools, and things were pretty crazy.

I'm just posting this right before I have to go to class, so I recognize that it's not a great post.  If anyone has any specific questions about either school, go ahead and post them and I'll see what I can do.

Verbal
What do you mean it was like a maze?
Get Right, or get Left!!!!

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 12:31:58 PM »
The SLU law school didn't seem like a maze to me.  I was impressed with how spacious it was.  I think they said it was the 24th largest law school facility in the country.
Fed gov't atty