Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Movement at Miami  (Read 961 times)

ksukowat

• View Profile
Re: Movement at Miami
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 11:18:24 AM »
I was admitted from the waitlist on Wednesday (4/24/05).  Letter was dated 4/20/05, postmarked 4/23/05. 

No additional interaction other than returning the waitlist card. 

Deposit deadline (must be received by admissions) May 5, 2005.

Now must decided between IU-Indy with in-state tuition or U of M during finals week.  Fun.

Wait.  Do you mean 4/27/05?  4/24/05 was Sunday.

vkschicago

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 11:41:06 AM »
yeah sorry, typo :) Finals are killing me here.  ::)

ksukowat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 11:59:38 AM »
yeah sorry, typo :) Finals are killing me here.  ::)

It seems like the people who are getting off waitlist right now have some pretty great stories/stats.  Would you want to fill me in on yours?

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - atomcore
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 12:03:12 PM »
Its good to know that people are getting in off of the waitlist at Miami. I hope to hear back within the next few weeks. I will keep you all posted when the decision arrives.
Attending: FSU
In: FIU, FSU, Syracuse 
Waitlisted: UM, Penn State
Rejected: Pitt, Stetson

CamJansen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2005, 02:19:53 PM »
My story... I had a 3.29 GPA and a 155 when I sent in my application in December. I retook the LSAT in February and got a 165, for an improvement of 10 points. I'm guessing they thought that was kinda sorta dope.
I sent in the postcard on like 4/20 more or less and went out of town for a week. When I got back, in a pile with all my junk mail, there was a random small envelope from Miami. I was surprised that it said I was admitted...
I am hoping to get off the waiting list at W&M, but save a seat at Univ. of Miami. They have a great policy about getting some money back up to August. Might as well save a seat.
I honestly don't know too much about Miami and I applied there on a whim. Anybody care to fill me in on the school? Fun times, good professors, good programs, etc.?

ksukowat

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2005, 02:30:35 PM »
My story... I had a 3.29 GPA and a 155 when I sent in my application in December. I retook the LSAT in February and got a 165, for an improvement of 10 points. I'm guessing they thought that was kinda sorta dope.
I sent in the postcard on like 4/20 more or less and went out of town for a week. When I got back, in a pile with all my junk mail, there was a random small envelope from Miami. I was surprised that it said I was admitted...
I am hoping to get off the waiting list at W&M, but save a seat at Univ. of Miami. They have a great policy about getting some money back up to August. Might as well save a seat.
I honestly don't know too much about Miami and I applied there on a whim. Anybody care to fill me in on the school? Fun times, good professors, good programs, etc.?

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/graphs.php?cycle=0405&code=5815

Yep.  So I'm the only grey dot amongst a thousand green.  I'm 156/3.49.  TELL ME WHAT I CAN POSSIBLY DO!  I'm thinking about trying to make an appointment with someone in admissions, requesting an interview-- I don't even know!  If Miami was Michael Douglas, I'd be Glenn Close.  Anything!  Please!