10 (15.4%)
Northwestern
13 (20%)
UVA
37 (56.9%)
USC
5 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Help me choose or I'm drawing out of a hat.....

Re: Help me choose or I'm drawing out of a hat.....
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2005, 11:58:56 AM »
NU gave me butterflies.  I'm hoping UVa gives me butterflies when I visit this weekend.  If it does, I'm going to UVa because, all other things being equal, its prestige puts it over the top.  If it doesn't (give me butterflies) I'm going to NU because I loved the school and love Chicago. 

I think for you, if you really can't decide based on soft factors, then go to the two concrete factors: cost and prestige.  And UVa wins in both of these categories.

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2005, 12:07:20 PM »
Boston24,

I hope UVA gives you the butterflies. I haven't quite felt that yet for a school, but I think it's a really important yet intangible thing. Let us know what you thought about the place.

NU gave me butterflies.  I'm hoping UVa gives me butterflies when I visit this weekend.  If it does, I'm going to UVa because, all other things being equal, its prestige puts it over the top.  If it doesn't (give me butterflies) I'm going to NU because I loved the school and love Chicago. 

I think for you, if you really can't decide based on soft factors, then go to the two concrete factors: cost and prestige.  And UVa wins in both of these categories.

Abevigoda

• You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2005, 12:48:08 PM »
I say go with whatever school is ranked better, especially where you want to live.  You will get a great education at Georgetown, Northwestern, or UVA; so use various soft factors (money, location, etc..)  to make your choice.

Personally, I'd take Northwestern but that's cause I'm from the area.

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2005, 01:16:17 PM »
I say go with whatever school is ranked better, especially where you want to live.  You will get a great education at Georgetown, Northwestern, or UVA; so use various soft factors (money, location, etc..)  to make your choice.

Personally, I'd take Northwestern but that's cause I'm from the area.

What you you mean what you say that you have to pay back the GT grants????   ???

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2005, 01:51:13 PM »
It says in the award letter that you have a "moral obligation" to pay back the grants as soon as your are able to help keep the scholarship & grant fund plentiful for future students.

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2005, 02:03:01 PM »
So, Tousled Pigtails - did you decide anything?

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2005, 02:07:02 PM »
it's a crazy hectic day here at the office (which I have the pleasure of returning to after my workout) so I think I'm going to my mind a  few hours to clear before I commit to a school.  I'm certain I will decide this evening though.

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2005, 02:12:41 PM »
it's a crazy hectic day here at the office (which I have the pleasure of returning to after my workout) so I think I'm going to my mind a  few hours to clear before I commit to a school.  I'm certain I will decide this evening though.

Well, good luck!  Maybe I'll see you at UVa next year.  Or maybe I'll see you at Northwestern, haha.

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2005, 02:30:04 PM »
It says in the award letter that you have a "moral obligation" to pay back the grants as soon as your are able to help keep the scholarship & grant fund plentiful for future students.

They are just asking for future alumni donations.  You do not have to pay anything back.  But after you become a partner at a major firm, you should really be donating to your undergrad and law alma maters anyway. 

hilljack

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2005, 02:32:51 PM »

They are just asking for future alumni donations.  You do not have to pay anything back.  But after you become a partner at a major firm, you should really be donating to your undergrad and law alma maters anyway. 

You should be?  Is that a moral imperative?