Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: October 2nd LSAT  (Read 1448 times)

daveo20

• View Profile
    • Email
October 2nd LSAT
« on: May 30, 2004, 03:49:31 PM »
This is the "Idiot" from the previous post, and I'm quarrelling with paying $29 to change my test date to October 2nd. Like I said before, it's likely that if I take it in June I'll be lucky to break 150.

My question is, is there anyone else out there graduating in May of 2005 and taking it in October? I could still start applying by November right? Does anyone have any thoughts about this whole deal, I'm sure I'm not the first to come across this. This message board is better than academic advisors man. In case anyone's curious, 3.2, BBA in Economics...any business majors out there?

I hate the Lakers.

riceowl

• 3.93; June 14;
    • View Profile
Re: October 2nd LSAT
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 04:02:51 PM »
Daveo-

Like I mentioned on your previous thread - I would highly recommend taking the test in October.  You will have more time to study, and can hope for something better than a 150 (which will undoubtedly jeapordize your admissions prospects at ANY school).  Taking the test in October will NOT prevent you from applying in the fall.  Most schools that offer an early decision option don't even require the application to be submitted until November. 

This is your career you are talking about - I think that it is worth a little more than a $29 rescheduling fee...
155-154-168-159-167-165-164-161(ouch)

Gummo

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 04:21:46 PM »
I'm considering switching my date to Oct., as well.  You can apply before you get your score back (and indicate your test date on the application), and I believe the only Early Decision you would be excluded from is Duke ED, which requires the June test.

Gummo

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 04:24:05 PM »
Daveo-

Like I mentioned on your previous thread - I would highly recommend taking the test in October.  You will have more time to study, and can hope for something better than a 150 (which will undoubtedly jeapordize your admissions prospects at ANY school).  Taking the test in October will NOT prevent you from applying in the fall.  Most schools that offer an early decision option don't even require the application to be submitted until November. 

This is your career you are talking about - I think that it is worth a little more than a $29 rescheduling fee...

Do you know what date you have until to switch it to Oct. for the $29 fee?

riceowl

• 3.93; June 14;
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 07:46:15 PM »
Gummo -

The postmark date has already passed (MAY 24), but you can change dates anytime before June 15 by fax or telephone.  If you take the test on the 14th and decide to cancel the score, you will hae to make that decision within 24 hours.
155-154-168-159-167-165-164-161(ouch)

Hazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2004, 07:56:56 PM »
I think the last day is June 13 if you change it online.  I'm probably going to move my test date...

You don't really have anything to lose by taking it then.   I'm in a similar situation (not scoring where I want to and an economics major)  as you.  I'm graduating next May as well.  I know a couple of guys that took the LSAT last October, they're going to various law schools in the fall...

Good luck.   

BAFF213

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 10:04:57 PM »
This is the "Idiot" from the previous post, and I'm quarrelling with paying $29 to change my test date to October 2nd. Like I said before, it's likely that if I take it in June I'll be lucky to break 150.

My question is, is there anyone else out there graduating in May of 2005 and taking it in October? I could still start applying by November right? Does anyone have any thoughts about this whole deal, I'm sure I'm not the first to come across this. This message board is better than academic advisors man. In case anyone's curious, 3.2, BBA in Economics...any business majors out there?

I hate the Lakers.

I hate the Lakers also (I'm from Boston).

I am taking the LSAT on October 2nd, and I am not worried about applying early.  I have a 3.8 and I am a business major (Marketing).  I am also a major in Psychology.  And I am a newcomer to this forum and I agree, there is a lot of excellent advice.  Thanks everyone for contributing the valuable words of wisdom (maybe someday I will do the same when I get into law school).

-Corey

NYBound05

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 03:01:35 AM »
I'm graduating in May of 2005 and I am also taking the lsat this October.

There was no possible way I could take the June lsat.  Actually, I didn't even consider it.  By taking the October lsat, you can devote your entire summer to prepping for the test, without finals and school stuff getting in the way.  Although you will be studying somewhat in the Fall, hopefully by that point it will just be a matter of repetition of real lsats and you'll have the strategies down.

I'm not worried about the application process either.  I'm planning on having everything done (applications, personal statement, LORs) by the time I take the lsat, so that once I get my score I can send everything out immedietely.  I intend to make the Early Decision deadline for all of the schools I apply to as well.

JLC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 03:29:34 AM »
I'm re-taking the LSAT in October. Good LUCK

It's a good thing that you recognize that you need more time for the LSAT. I wish I would have waited until the next LSAT test date.

I too hate the damn Lakers. It is going to make me sick to see a couple of coat tailers like Payton and Malone get rings. Those rings will always be denoted with an *