Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FSU Bound?  (Read 401 times)

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - atomcore
    • View Profile
    • Email
FSU Bound?
« on: April 26, 2005, 10:47:11 AM »
Just sent in my deposit yesterday to make sure it got in before the May 1st deadline. After reading the posts, I'm pretty much convinced that UMiami will not be dipping too far into their waitlist. In the event that I end up getting accepted off the waitlist at Miami, I'll probably end up going there.
Attending: FSU
In: FIU, FSU, Syracuse 
Waitlisted: UM, Penn State
Rejected: Pitt, Stetson

ssd2612

• View Profile
Re: FSU Bound?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 12:51:46 PM »
I just send mine in as well...did you financial package come yet in the mail?

---------

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 12:52:13 PM »

I got mine via email.

ssd2612

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 12:55:42 PM »
Interesting....when did you get it.  They told me on the phone yesterday it would come in the mail.  This came after they told me the first time I spoke with them it would come via email.

Have you been there to visit yet?

---------

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 01:01:19 PM »
Interesting....when did you get it.  They told me on the phone yesterday it would come in the mail.  This came after they told me the first time I spoke with them it would come via email.

Have you been there to visit yet?

I received mine in early March via email. Did you apply for a scholarship? I received scholarship info via snail mail.

I went to admitted students day. I liked the school and most of the people I met. The school was  honest about job prospects(ie,the career office mentioned a few people made 6 figures out of FSU,but they were at the top of their class,etc,etc) and the location is pretty decent considering it's Tally.

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - atomcore
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 01:05:10 PM »

My financial aid package was emailed to me. There was a link on the email directing me to a page that, after I logged in, said what I was eligible to receive. I haven't had a chance to visit FSU, but from people i've talked to and from what I've seen on FSU's website, it looks really nice. I will probably plan a trip up there sometime next month to check it out and look for housing.
Attending: FSU
In: FIU, FSU, Syracuse 
Waitlisted: UM, Penn State
Rejected: Pitt, Stetson

ssd2612

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 01:58:29 PM »
Thanks for the info. I just got something in the mail yesterday that I need to fill out regarding applying for need based scholarships.

I'm also planning a trip down likely for early June.  It would be nice to find a roomate to live with.  Someone who went there sent me some links to apartment complexes that looked nice.  It looks like 1br's are about $700 a month.  While that's a lot less than my current NYC rent, it would be nice to pay a lot less during school.

What are you guys thinking about living?