Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: No BSing...whats your score?  (Read 1843 times)

littletanuki

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: No BSing...whats your score?
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2005, 10:10:21 PM »
tanuki: Some doctoral students at my alma mater are doing fascinating research using Stroop and the MWCST, and have had some successing demonstrating a role for the hippocampus and the anterior cingulate in those tasks. Even though looking at success at those tasks as largely indicative of frontal lobe function is parsimonious, I don't think it tells the whole story.

And just like that, we're the most boring people on LSD (which is, itself, absolutely rife with boring people).

-Ty

tee hee.  I was a psych geek in college.  It's been 5 years since I graduated, but the brain still fascinates me.  I'm not surprised about the anterior cingulate...i remember it being important for attention (and isn't it technically part of the frontal lobes?  I know its beneath the cortex, so maybe it's considered more midbrain that frontal cortex.  It's been a while since I've had an anatomy class...)  I realize I oversimplified the Stroop/frontal lobe explanation, but the hippocampal involvment surprises me.  I'd ask you some questions about it, but I don't want to hijack this thread anymore than i already have. 

And I should probably stop while I'm still just kind of geeky and not unredeemably so.  ;)     

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2005, 11:07:37 PM »
100%. I am the master!!!
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

alb

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2005, 11:24:13 PM »
The Implicit Association Test is much more interesting:

<url>https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/</url>

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2005, 11:34:36 PM »
I got a 0%.  Then I read the instructions again and scored... another 0%.  Laughing my butt off I tried again and got a 100%.  I guess I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer!

No way, I did the same thing, I have never been good at actually reading directions.

Alamss

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2005, 11:35:48 PM »
O%, 38% and then 100%

Shardik

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2005, 08:53:22 AM »
O%, 38% and then 100%

damn "0%"!  well like the LSAT you can get better!

100% = I am the MASTER!