Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Texas Tech in Fall '05  (Read 23110 times)

utsassy

• AOL Instant Messenger - utsassy22
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Texas Tech in Fall '05
« Reply #400 on: August 11, 2005, 09:54:14 AM »
I went to accepted students day in April.  Everyone was really nice.  I didn't see much of Lubbock when I came, as I flew in and didn't have a car to drive around in.  I've been in Lubbock for two weeks now and it's okay.  It's definitely a far cry from Austin, but then again so are most places.....  I wish they had HEB here.

As far as student ID's go, when I called Tech Express they told me I could come after the 15th and get my ID.  I am going to try and go the morning of the 16th before orientation starts. 

Good luck to those of you who haven't gotten your computer networked with Tech yet.  I stopped by the IT dept. the other day and it took 3-4 hours.  I was signed up for one of the big group sessions, and I am glad I went in and did it one on one.  Hopefully they will have their system perfected by the time the group sessions begin.  My wireless never did work, but the IT guy said it wasn't my computer and the wireless in the law school building sucks.  I guess we will all find out shortly (-:

utsassy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #401 on: August 11, 2005, 04:13:13 PM »
Anyone here in Section 3?

Texan29

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech Law Bound!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 11, 2005, 04:32:39 PM »
Lubbock isn't bad at all! 90% of the wireless networks I've ever been on suck, so don't get too worried about that, they really would rather you use the outlets on every table instead!

I'm both nervous and excited to get started, right now I have no clue what the schedule is like for orientation or what to expect from that week.
Texas Tech Law: We don't just pass the bar, we practically live there!

texaslaw

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 11, 2005, 05:30:18 PM »
I feel the same way. I have no idea what to expect when orientation starts. I am in section 3 and so are a few others on the board here. As for me I am moving in on Saturday so I will try and stop by the happy hour. What time are we going to meet?

I am looking forward to meeting everyone soon.

Gary

utsassy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #404 on: August 11, 2005, 06:49:01 PM »
I've heard some great things about the section 3 professors.  Those, including myself, assigned Holloway for Legal Practice may be in for a surprise.  I ran into a guy at the bookstore and his wife teaches Legal Practice at Tech.  He didn't specify, but I don't think Holloway is coming back this year.  He mentioned the possibility of a guy from Harvard teaching her section.  I know she was out sick last year, so I hope it doesn't have anything to do with that.

I heard Shannon is really good, but he will grind you.  Rosen is supposed to be cool, and the people who had him for Con Law said he rarely called on people.  We'll see if that is true for his Torts class. I also heard Myhra will only call on few people throughout the semester, because she gets caught up in her own talking.  She's supposed to be really nice.

I think orientation is supposed to scare the crap out of us.  I'm sure it will be information overload. 

utsassy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #405 on: August 11, 2005, 07:58:14 PM »
Gary,

I wanted to respond to your email, but I don't have your email address.

texas1

« Reply #406 on: August 12, 2005, 11:23:33 PM »
How about meeting Saturday?  I'm guessing everyone should be in by then.  Perhaps we can meet at the place called Chimmy's, down on University Avenue?  I hear that's the marquee place for law students around here.  I hear they have good, meaning strong, margaritats, or something. 

Oh, by the way, you guys are losers for not being cool and getting your ID like me.  HAHA!

STILL NEED A TIME - ANY SUGGESTIONS? - ANYONE? - BUELLER? BUELLER?

utsassy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #407 on: August 13, 2005, 12:13:29 AM »
Is Chimmy's a bar, restaurant or both?

texas1

« Reply #408 on: August 13, 2005, 12:41:22 AM »
Is Chimmy's a bar, restaurant or both?

Unsure, and since I can't find it online, Rob will need to give everyone clear directions!!!

istlln348

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #409 on: August 13, 2005, 02:09:28 AM »
Chimmy's is right next to the Cold Stone Cremery, near the Varsity bookstore. It's downtown on Broadway and University. I don't know how much clearer I can be.  My number is 724.466.6660 in case anyone get's lost.  God help your soul if you do.  How bout 7pm?   

Aron, were you attempting to say I look like Farris Bueller?  >:(

As far as you "UTSassy," Kyle said to ask if you're hot...I mean, and, what is your name? Chimmy's can be a bar, or a restaurant, or whatever you want it to be, baby. I hear they have good maragaritas. 

Oh by the way, I'm drunk.  So if anyone is offended by my comments, oh well.