Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Texas Tech in Fall '05  (Read 23058 times)

UTERIC3232

• AOL Instant Messenger - uteric3232
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Texas Tech in Fall '05
« Reply #390 on: August 08, 2005, 05:40:51 PM »
Ya, thats what it looks like...a ton of $$.  Oh well, I guess the low rent will make up for it.
"Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do!"

UTERIC3232

• AOL Instant Messenger - uteric3232
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #391 on: August 08, 2005, 06:04:58 PM »
I have whats probably a dumb question....

But how do I upgrade my laptop from XP home edition to XP Professional Edition.  I need to do it before orientation starts.  Thanks...Eric
"Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do!"

Texan29

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech Law Bound!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 09, 2005, 09:19:01 AM »
Well y'all I'm down here in Lubbock and 90% unpacked. I've got the wireless network setup and I'm sitting in my living room typing. Where do y'all go to get the parking passes and the student ID's I suppose I should get that stuff taken care of this week while I still have nothing to do. Not that I'm complaining, but the weather here has been relatively cold.

I'm excited to get started with our classes.

Well I'm off to enjoy the morning and possibly go swimming at the pool later on!
Texas Tech Law: We don't just pass the bar, we practically live there!

subi1

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 09, 2005, 11:11:59 AM »
Last day of work and STRUGGLING!!!!

Driving to Lubbock Thursday. Can't wait.

texas1

« Reply #394 on: August 09, 2005, 04:23:20 PM »
Well y'all I'm down here in Lubbock and 90% unpacked. I've got the wireless network setup and I'm sitting in my living room typing. Where do y'all go to get the parking passes and the student ID's I suppose I should get that stuff taken care of this week while I still have nothing to do. Not that I'm complaining, but the weather here has been relatively cold.

I'm excited to get started with our classes.

Well I'm off to enjoy the morning and possibly go swimming at the pool later on!

Parking passes are located across 4th street from where you live...Rob got his student ID already - but when Dustin, Emily, and I tried - they said that we have to wait until orientation...

TexasTiger14

• Sr. Citizen
  • War Eagle!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - burgamy14
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #395 on: August 09, 2005, 05:46:51 PM »
Parking passes are located across 4th street from where you live...Rob got his student ID already - but when Dustin, Emily, and I tried - they said that we have to wait until orientation...

I just picked up my parking permit earlier today too, but when I tried to get an ID made they gave me the same speech about waiting till next Wens. (once all the stupid undergrads are back on campus and its nice and crowded....  >:(

Anyway, like Brian, I'm 90% unpacked, and we've been tryin to figure out the stupid wireless internet all day and finally got it up and running. Rob seems pretty cool and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone else.

Oh, and if you haven't already, make sure you take a voided check and fill out a direct deposit form over at the Student Aid/bursars/whatever they call it at this school. Its in a building just east of the Student Union building. It takes about 5 mins but it ensures you get your refund fin-aid money promptly.

Anyway, I got some more unpacking to do........
Texas Tech Law Class of '08

texas1

« Reply #396 on: August 09, 2005, 06:11:18 PM »
OK - Now that everyone is arriving - we really need to pick somewhere to get together prior to next week - so start throwing out some suggestions!!!

istlln348

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #397 on: August 10, 2005, 03:22:47 PM »
How about meeting Saturday?  I'm guessing everyone should be in by then.  Perhaps we can meet at the place called Chimmy's, down on University Avenue?  I hear that's the marquee place for law students around here.  I hear they have good, meaning strong, margaritats, or something. 

Oh, by the way, you guys are losers for not being cool and getting your ID like me.  HAHA!

Texan29

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech Law Bound!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 10, 2005, 10:33:49 PM »
Saturday at Chimmy's is fine with me!
Texas Tech Law: We don't just pass the bar, we practically live there!

texas1

« Reply #399 on: August 10, 2005, 10:55:52 PM »
Guess I'll have to set up the DVD player to record the Cowboys Sat. night.