Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Texas Tech in Fall '05  (Read 23226 times)

subi1

• View Profile
Re: Texas Tech in Fall '05
« Reply #380 on: August 01, 2005, 10:50:21 AM »
We are due in a week from Thursday. I'll be sure to stop at Waynes on the south side of town to pick up some cold ones before crossing into the city limits!

TexasTiger14

• Sr. Citizen
  • War Eagle!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - burgamy14
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #381 on: August 01, 2005, 02:47:45 PM »
I'll be sure to stop at Waynes on the south side of town to pick up some cold ones before crossing into the city limits!

Haha, if you're driving out from East Texas or DFW on I-20 I'd stop at the Sam's Club in Grand Prarie instead (you can buy alcohol there without a membership). You can try other Sam's Clubsn the Metroplex but its hard to keep track of which can and can't sell alcohol.

I'm gonna stop and pick up a couple cases of Shiner (like 16 bucks each....best deal around) to last me the first few weeks of school  ;D

I might take a detour outside of Ft. Worth and head down to Stephenville to buy some Dublin Dr Pepper as well, gotta stock up on the good stuff....
Texas Tech Law Class of '08

istlln348

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #382 on: August 01, 2005, 03:52:54 PM »
Hey everyone!  I've officially been a resident of Lubbock since Wed., but the hard drive crashed on my computer meaning I couldn't post on here.  I'm waiting for one from Gateway as we speak.  Right now, I'm actually on campus using the computers in the Student Union building.  I got my student ID picture taken too while I was down here.  Stopped at Varsity books and bought a few more of my books as well. 

My apartment is awesome! Nice size, in a great location: Wal-Mart, Bars, Shopping Center, Grocery Store all practically within walking distance. 

If anyone wants to hang out this week, my cell phone number is 724.466.6660.  Don't know when everyone else is getting down here, but the roommate doesn't get here till Monday, so some company would be nice!  Peace!

texas1

« Reply #383 on: August 01, 2005, 11:31:50 PM »
OK now I'm officially married. I will be leaving friday morning for Lubbock and according to my calculations I'll be there either late saturday or early Sunday morning!

See y'all soon!

Brian

Congrats Brian...

Just pulled in myself today...still swamped with boxes of God only knows what...

Deal of the week - Go to Circuit City (here in Lubbock) and by a wireless router for $45 and it has a $35 rebate! It is by Netgear, and is a "travel router" - designed for hotels, so really small. I'm already using it and it seems fine (though I don't know how to set up the security as I am just a simple caveman, and this technology confuses me....

Will probably run up to campus tomorrow for parking permit, books, and maybe ID (as that has been mentioned) -

aron

ainsworth

• I heart WC
    • AOL Instant Messenger - emilyainsworth79
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ainsworthe
    • View Profile
    • Tech Law Women's Caucus
    • Email
« Reply #384 on: August 02, 2005, 10:07:04 AM »
I am so glad we are all starting to arrive!

I'm already using it and it seems fine (though I don't know how to set up the security as I am just a simple caveman, and this technology confuses me....

Will probably run up to campus tomorrow for parking permit, books, and maybe ID (as that has been mentioned)

Aron-
Dustin knows how to set up the wireless security- he always does it for ours- you should be okay for a couple days without it. (You're just hosting free wireless internet for some lucky people in your apartment complex!)

Give us a call if you want to go over to campus together later today.

See everyone soon!
 :D Emily

subi1

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 03, 2005, 10:21:41 AM »
Two questions:

Did everyone get the e-mail about the 2005-06 law school t-shirts on sale?

Am I a total dork for jumping on that and being overly excited about my first law school t-shirt?

Texan29

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech Law Bound!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 03, 2005, 02:36:38 PM »
That shirt is awesome, I'm probably ordering three two for me and one for my wife.

Don't worry you def. aren't the only dork that's getting excited about this stuff, I'm 80% packed and I'm leaving Friday morning will be there saturday afternoon or night.

Hopefully if everything goes as planned I'll be relaxing by the middle of next week with the sbc dsl setup and the cable TV on! God I wish I could have satellite in the apartment!
Texas Tech Law: We don't just pass the bar, we practically live there!

TexasTiger14

• Sr. Citizen
  • War Eagle!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - burgamy14
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #387 on: August 07, 2005, 10:13:20 PM »
I'm just about all packed up and should be headed for Lubbock tomorrow morning.  :)

Anyway, later on this week when I'm all unpacked and settled in, and EVERYONE is out in Lubbock we should all get together....

Said some goodbyes to the extended family tonight over dinner and heard a couple uncles talk about West Texas girls, my grandpa talk about how his family had to pick cotton out in West Texas to make a living during the Depression, and my aunt and uncle who used to live in Seminole (south of Lubbock) recall how fun dust storms used to be. He's still got a deer lease out in Cisco so if anyone gets a hankering to go camping/hunting to blow off some steam this semester.......I got us a place.  ;)

Any of ya'll already in Lubbock know what the weather is supposed to be like tomorrow? I'm hoping nice and cool.........
Texas Tech Law Class of '08

UTERIC3232

• AOL Instant Messenger - uteric3232
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #388 on: August 08, 2005, 12:55:19 PM »
Im moving in on Friday, so hopefully I will be settled in by Saturday.  Has anyone looked into Cable and DSL?  What is the best deal you have found??  I looked at cox and it was kind of expensive.
"Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do!"

texas1

« Reply #389 on: August 08, 2005, 03:08:55 PM »
Im moving in on Friday, so hopefully I will be settled in by Saturday.  Has anyone looked into Cable and DSL?  What is the best deal you have found??  I looked at cox and it was kind of expensive.

Just about all options for cable and dsl are $$$ in lubbock...I lucked out and found an apt that includes both for free...

you might look at dish options...