Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Texas Tech in Fall '05  (Read 22733 times)

golfergirl

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - amberwavesofgrain
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Texas Tech in Fall '05
« Reply #350 on: July 21, 2005, 05:10:40 PM »
I am totally sentimental about leaving home again.  My sister and I have been having slumber parties every night we can at my parents trying to soak up all of the fun/family time we can get.

I'm going to miss seeing everyone whenever I feel like it.

Amber

ainsworth

• I heart WC
    • AOL Instant Messenger - emilyainsworth79
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ainsworthe
    • View Profile
    • Tech Law Women's Caucus
    • Email
« Reply #351 on: July 21, 2005, 08:53:42 PM »
Cute puppy Aron!

How long did you have him/her?

texas1

« Reply #352 on: July 21, 2005, 10:57:14 PM »
Cute puppy Aron!

How long did you have him/her?

I got him when I was 15, and we finally put him to sleep when I was 22. He was cursed with that large breed problem of hip inflammation...when it got to where he would spontaneously fall, we called it quits. A lot of people keep them around longer as they are still basically happy and healthy, but we just didn't feel right allowing him to suffer.

BTW - that's me at 19! Oh to be that thin again...

ainsworth

• I heart WC
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #353 on: July 22, 2005, 01:33:38 PM »
BTW - that's me at 19! Oh to be that thin again...

I hear ya- Iíve been trying (to no avail) to work off 3 years of teaching weight
(too much snack time and not enough hokey pokey time to counterbalance).

On the bright side, Iím sure that our law school schedules will afford us plenty of time to cook healthy meals and exercise.  ::) (dare to dreamÖ)

;) Emily

Texan29

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech Law Bound!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 23, 2005, 06:40:06 PM »
Well I'd say 60% of my boxes are packed and all the bridal shower gifts are consolidated for the move!

Anyone else get that packet about orientation? I just got mine today, its weird that they're having it in the Business Building instead!

It's going to be nice and hot the first few weeks biking into classes. I'll definately come in looking like a drowned dog. HAHA!
Texas Tech Law: We don't just pass the bar, we practically live there!

texas1

« Reply #355 on: July 23, 2005, 10:20:50 PM »
Well I'd say 60% of my boxes are packed and all the bridal shower gifts are consolidated for the move!

Anyone else get that packet about orientation? I just got mine today, its weird that they're having it in the Business Building instead!

It's going to be nice and hot the first few weeks biking into classes. I'll definately come in looking like a drowned dog. HAHA!

Got mine today too...I was just complaining the other day that if I hadn't been on LSD, I would have no idea what was going on as far as my schedule...

No remarks about dress code...I had gotten worried when other's were mentioning that at their LS, the second day of orientation was business attire - I rushed out this weekend and purchased a new suit and shoes just in case...I will need them for interviewing anyway, but I was trying to put that off for awhile.

As far as packing - probably 90% done - if you don't count clothes...if you count clothes I'm about 10% done  ;D

istlln348

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #356 on: July 23, 2005, 10:48:41 PM »
I'm  out of here on Tuesday.  Going away/graduation party for me tomorrow, loading the uhaul on monday, leaving for Lubbock on Tuesday.  Should be arriving about 12 noon on Wed.

Can someone fill me in on what the packet contains?  I have yet to receive mine, and I am quite curious. 

Texan29

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech Law Bound!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 25, 2005, 10:07:54 PM »
Ok, Well I ordered my dell laptop today.

I'm not really that worried about weight/size and I am just a computer nerd at heart so I got a well equiped Inspiron 9300 for right around $1200.

I know its big, but I'm a big guy at 6'3" and 225 lbs. I can take it!
Texas Tech Law: We don't just pass the bar, we practically live there!

texas1

« Reply #358 on: July 25, 2005, 11:36:02 PM »
I'm  out of here on Tuesday.  Going away/graduation party for me tomorrow, loading the uhaul on monday, leaving for Lubbock on Tuesday.  Should be arriving about 12 noon on Wed.

Can someone fill me in on what the packet contains?  I have yet to receive mine, and I am quite curious. 

Do you still need the info, or did your packet arrive already?

ainsworth

• I heart WC
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #359 on: July 25, 2005, 11:46:30 PM »

Is anyone else planning on attending the Hispanic Law Student Association's workshop on the 15th? Dustin and I are thinking we will....

2 more days until the movers come- we are about 80% packed!

See you all soon!
 :) Emily