Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Texas Tech in Fall '05  (Read 22728 times)

UTERIC3232

• AOL Instant Messenger - uteric3232
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Texas Tech in Fall '05
« Reply #310 on: July 12, 2005, 12:36:58 AM »
already sold...sorry
"Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do!"

TexasTiger14

• Sr. Citizen
  • War Eagle!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - burgamy14
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #311 on: July 12, 2005, 01:45:02 AM »
I just bought a laptop online today; a Dell 6000 using the coupon codes that everyone talks about on this message board. It was a 1500 dollar computer for only 1000 bucks total. Nothing too flashy but a solid midrange system.

Luckily Rob pointed out that through Tech's website you can download XP Professional and saved me the 80 bucks from adding it on the Dell website. I knew you could get antivirus programs and Microsoft Office, but I didn't know they had XP Professional as well.

So who else has already gotten a laptop? Anyone still putting it off? Just curious.....
Texas Tech Law Class of '08

golfergirl

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - amberwavesofgrain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #312 on: July 12, 2005, 10:10:55 AM »
I have been debating over which one to buy for that last several days, and just cant commit.  You found coupons to use on top of the student discount we already are receiving?  I need to check that out before I seal the deal!  And thanks for the note on XP Pro as well.

Amber

texas1

« Reply #313 on: July 12, 2005, 10:31:51 AM »
I've posted several times regarding my dell purchase...a simple search should pull up those threads (one was a new topic).

Also, wish I had known about the XP Pro - I upgraded mine when I ordered it  :-\

Texan29

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech Law Bound!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 12, 2005, 09:51:45 PM »
I'm really heavily considering the Dell Inspiron 6000, BUT since I'm a road cyclist, I got a advertisement from the Lance Armstrong Foundation about the HP L2000 Lance Armstrong Live Strong edition notebook that is very comparable and well equipt. It's fairly cheap as well. I'm stuck on which to order, I have reservations on the HP only because of the HP / Compaq reputation. I'm just not sure which way to go but I better order soon!
Texas Tech Law: We don't just pass the bar, we practically live there!

TexasTiger14

• Sr. Citizen
  • War Eagle!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #315 on: July 12, 2005, 11:08:26 PM »
Brian,

Just buy the Dell and donate 50 bucks to the Livestrong Foundation, it's the same thing  ;) Besides, Dell, like Lance himself, is Texan so I'm sure he'd forgive you.......... ;D

Speaking of which, that new Nike commercial with Lance's press conference in '96 after he was diagnosed w/ cancer is awesome, simple but to the point.

Oh, and Lance kicked some serious a$$ today. Whats fun about watching the Tour de France is seeing all the weirdo's who run alongside the racers on the uphill (slow) climbs. The cool thing is you see the Texas flag appear more than any other besides the French, German, and American flags.........nothin better than state pride from across the globe while Lance hands it to a bunch of Europeans  ;D

Anyway, I'm getting off topic, I'll letcha know what I think of the 6000 when its delivered.

texas1

« Reply #316 on: July 12, 2005, 11:11:55 PM »
I'm really heavily considering the Dell Inspiron 6000, BUT since I'm a road cyclist, I got a advertisement from the Lance Armstrong Foundation about the HP L2000 Lance Armstrong Live Strong edition notebook that is very comparable and well equipt. It's fairly cheap as well. I'm stuck on which to order, I have reservations on the HP only because of the HP / Compaq reputation. I'm just not sure which way to go but I better order soon!

As a owner of HP pavillion, I would recommend the Dell. I've had a lot of problems with my HP, and though some have had problems with Dell, their protection plans cover everything...I went with the 600m.

texas1

« Reply #317 on: July 12, 2005, 11:12:47 PM »

Oh, and Lance kicked some serious a$$ today. Whats fun about watching the Tour de France is seeing all the weirdo's who run alongside the racers on the uphill (slow) climbs. The cool thing is you see the Texas flag appear more than any other besides the French, German, and American flags.........nothin better than state pride from across the globe while Lance hands it to a bunch of Europeans  ;D

I loved the "superman" guy today!

TexasTiger14

• Sr. Citizen
  • War Eagle!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #318 on: July 12, 2005, 11:37:25 PM »

Did you catch the guy with the huge Texas flag running alongside for a while and dressed in a longhorn costume with a cowboy hat on? Even though I'm not UT fan, I did get a kick outa that one  :D

Oh, and a week ago I said I'd post some pics of the courthouses I visited on my trip back from Harlingen, plus a couple good Texas historic sites;

http://community.webshots.com/album/393603241FwRXcL

After visiting, I don't think I'd mind being a small town lawyer with my own firm, or being a local DA. I'd concede quite a bit in salary for a good quality of life.....

texas1

« Reply #319 on: July 13, 2005, 12:03:38 AM »

Did you catch the guy with the huge Texas flag running alongside for a while and dressed in a longhorn costume with a cowboy hat on? Even though I'm not UT fan, I did get a kick outa that one  :D

Oh, and a week ago I said I'd post some pics of the courthouses I visited on my trip back from Harlingen, plus a couple good Texas historic sites;

http://community.webshots.com/album/393603241FwRXcL

After visiting, I don't think I'd mind being a small town lawyer with my own firm, or being a local DA. I'd concede quite a bit in salary for a good quality of life.....

Hey if you are from Texas, then you should know better than to label one picture as "clock tower" and the next photo as "one last shot"...