Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should I hire a hypnotist for the LSAT?  (Read 1379 times)

Capone

• View Profile
Should I hire a hypnotist for the LSAT?
« on: May 30, 2004, 02:53:06 AM »
Guys, I was recomending if i should hire a hypnotist.... since I am the kind of peson whose mind can occasionally drift off and i need to make sure 100% that I  dont space out for even a second.

thoughts?

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Sr. Citizen
  • Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Guyutegirl+JewLo
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Should I hire a hypnotist for the LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 03:28:47 AM »
Definitely do it. Then report back to us on how badly you bombed it.

Once this doesn't work, I'd like to refer you to the thread titled "Adderall"

If this doesnt' work, i suggest contacting Louder than Bombs and asking for private lessons.

Once that doesn't work, i suggest studying your ass off like everyone else.
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

Gummo

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 03:35:30 AM »
haha, yes, adderall would probably be faster and less expensive.

another option would be to go to a doctor, get a note saying you have ADD because you can't become enthralled with a passage on Marie Curie and uranium, and get the LSAC to give you an extra hour on each section.

Brazil Boy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 08:49:50 AM »
Does the LSAC ever give people extra time for any medical reasons, such as ADD?

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 09:31:23 AM »
yeah, there's actually a thread where a dude is debating whether to take the extra time or not. but use the search function and you'll find it easily
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2004, 11:28:08 AM »
oh, and don't forget the check out the "LSAT @#!* buddy" thread.....you  may have to go back for a couple pages..... ;D

Capone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 12:24:17 PM »

If this doesnt' work, i suggest contacting Louder than Bombs and asking for private lessons.

its a serious question. I dont have ADD so I dont need extra time. When I said my mind can drift off I meant in really small increments. Ive heard of people in many professions hiring hypnotists to clear thier mind so it's not like im the only person in the world thinking of this fool.

itsbjordan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2004, 12:38:09 PM »
Hey I wouldnt be so sure you don't have ADD, I got diagnosed with it in college. One of the neat things about ADD is you actually can do things much quicker (your brain runs a thousand miles per hour), becuase of that I never new I had it through high school becuase i could do all my homework in 20 minutes and get A's on most stuff. Didnt find out until i was at UCLA trying to do work that for once in my life took more than 20 minutes. First 20 I was fine, after that god (or may I say adderall help me).
It might not hurt just to take a diagnostic test to see if you have Adult ADD, in the slight chance you have it, there are alot of things in your life that can probably become much better that you dont even realise at the moment.

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2004, 12:43:56 PM »

its a serious question. I dont have ADD so I dont need extra time. When I said my mind can drift off I meant in really small increments. Ive heard of people in many professions hiring hypnotists to clear thier mind so it's not like im the only person in the world thinking of this fool.

My mind drifts off in large increments. I still did it the old fashioned way which is to study my ass off. All i'm trying to say is, i think you take more of a risk by using hypnotism-that's just my opinion. I mean, have you looked into possible side effects? Maybe he'll hypnotize you and say "you are getting sleepy...during the LSAT, you will master concentration" but maybe your brain will get that mixed up with "you will consent to masturbation" and then it could be all over for you after that (and criminal charges never help out when trying to pass the bar). I'm just thinking it could go terribly wrong.

"Ive heard of people in many professions hiring hypnotists to clear thier mind so it's not like im the only person in the world thinking of this fool."

When you say "this fool" are you referring to the hypnotist, or to me? If you're referring to me then that hurts my feelings.  :'(

thechoson

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2004, 02:10:36 PM »
Are you for f-ing reals? You want to get a hypnotist?!  Unless you have some kind of diagnosed mental issue, no, don't.

Focus.  Go to a happy place.  Masturbate before the test, this helps a bit.