Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hofstra?  (Read 813 times)

River

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Hofstra?
« on: April 25, 2005, 01:30:54 PM »
I checked with ad office today. It said the decision(part-time day) was made and went out last Friday to my permanent address; I asked but they did not tell me the result. Is that response from the ad office normally a negative sign to my decision?   I just want to know it in advance.  Then I may decide my mind before seeing the response.
Any thought on this?  Thanks.

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hofstra?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 02:22:08 PM »
Just called them this morning and they said my decision had just been mailed out recently.  I better get it today or tomorrow since I live a whopping 15 minute drive from the school. 

I'll let you know what the decision is!
Fed gov't atty

River

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 03:15:30 PM »
Just called them this morning and they said my decision had just been mailed out recently.  I better get it today or tomorrow since I live a whopping 15 minute drive from the school. 

Your current address is permanent?

River

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 04:32:54 PM »
Any more insights?

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 04:55:41 PM »

Yup, good ol' Nassau County.
Fed gov't atty

Alamss

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 06:50:35 PM »
waitlisted by them, taking the June LSAT to try to get off.

beanbeangirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 01:07:07 PM »
waitlisted by them, taking the June LSAT to try to get off.

I thought I am a solid candidate for Hofstra but got waitlisted as well. I sent in my application around mid-Feburary and it was too late. Anywayz. I sent in the WL form but I am not going to retake LSAT. Just letter/LOC.

River

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 10:36:22 PM »

How did it go? not yet?

mxpocc

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 08:58:29 AM »
i e-mailed them once and they told me i was accepted before i received my package :-\

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 10:27:16 AM »
Just called them this morning and they said my decision had just been mailed out recently. I better get it today or tomorrow since I live a whopping 15 minute drive from the school.

Yup, good ol' Nassau County.

Arrgh!  I checked my application and I have my parents address in California listed for permanent instead.  My parents got the letter last Saturday and didn't bother to call me; they just forwarded it on to me in NY Tuesday.  I wouldn't have known if I hadn't called them last night.  Grrrrr....

What is the point of the preferred mailing address and dates that they ask for?

I'll call them today and see if they won't FAX or e-mail their decision since they don't seem to want to give it over the phone.
Fed gov't atty