Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: no campus visits during finals week  (Read 423 times)

starter

• View Profile
no campus visits during finals week
« on: April 25, 2005, 11:11:02 AM »
I don't get it. What does the admissions office have to do with finals week? I'm travelling in from out of town, and while most law schools have been accommodating, one in particular has not.

They claim that they do not conduct visits to the law school during finals week.  ???  ???  ???

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: no campus visits during finals week
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 01:44:53 PM »
I don't get it. What does the admissions office have to do with finals week? I'm travelling in from out of town, and while most law schools have been accommodating, one in particular has not.

They claim that they do not conduct visits to the law school during finals week.  ???  ???  ???

Because there are no classes for you to see.  And frankly we should not intrude while everybody is studying for his exams. 

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 02:02:06 PM »
That, and many schools have student led tours.  What student is gonna show you around when they have their Civ Pro exam after lunch?

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 02:45:26 PM »
That, and many schools have student led tours.  What student is gonna show you around when they have their Civ Pro exam after lunch?

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Jacy, so you are taking Emory over the in-state tuition at UGA?  Where do you want to practice after graduation? 

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 02:49:16 PM »
I'm not sure, which is partially why I chose Emory.  I also just plain liked Emory a lot more than UGA.  I went to a large, urban school here in Boston, so the adjustment to UGA would have been a bit rough.  On top of all this, add in the opportunities you get being right in Atlanta for networking and attending bar events, and the fact that my SO will have more opportunities as well.

It was over all a very easy decision for me, and I'm happy with it.

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 02:54:56 PM »
Good luck to you. 

I live in Atlanta now.  So if you have any questions about the city, send me a PM message. 

I'm not sure, which is partially why I chose Emory.  I also just plain liked Emory a lot more than UGA.  I went to a large, urban school here in Boston, so the adjustment to UGA would have been a bit rough.  On top of all this, add in the opportunities you get being right in Atlanta for networking and attending bar events, and the fact that my SO will have more opportunities as well.

It was over all a very easy decision for me, and I'm happy with it.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 02:56:18 PM »
Thanks!  I can't wait to move down!  It's so green there compared to Boston!