Off-Topic Area > General Off-Topic Board

Best time to buy a laptop?

(1/8) > >>

Ginatio:
It seems that there's certain times in the year when all the laptop manufacturers bring out their new line of merchandise, discount their old lines, and have tons of competitive sales and offers.

does anyone have any idea when this usually happens? I get the feeling it's right before school, but that wouldn't make sense, since that's the best time students can get taken advantage of... (yes, I'm inferring that computer companies want to molest our wallets)

thechoson:
When the country falls in a state of anarchy, you can just loot one.  Don't worry, it's coming... just look for the monkeys

stung:
Check with your school's bookstore.  They can probably offer you some discounts.  That's how I got mine.

Ginatio:
you know what's funny? whenever I check the price of a laptop through my school's (UG and grad) computer program with Dell/IBM/etc., I find that the supposed "discounted" price is more often than not MORE expensive than if I were to buy directly from Dell/IBM...

anyone else notice that?

--- Quote from: stung on May 30, 2004, 02:04:24 AM ---Check with your school's bookstore.  They can probably offer you some discounts.  That's how I got mine.

--- End quote ---

stung:
eh?  really?  I tried three different sites when I was "getting myself a Dell."  My undergrad's bookstore was the cheapest.  Good luck laptop hunting.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version