Law School Discussion

Fee Waivers

Dirt McGirt

• I love Meg White.
    • View Profile
Re: Fee Waivers
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2005, 09:48:49 PM »
I just wonder how they make decisions regarding fee waivers. What information do they have? I've been led to believe that decisions are made based upon LSAT and GPA (which I thought I gave as an estimate - like, "mostly As" or something), though that doesn't seem to necessarily be the case.

BTW, concerning NYU; I think all schools say that about fee waivers. I highly doubt that they don't give any out based upon merit.

Dirt McGirt

• I love Meg White.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2005, 10:35:12 PM »
So evidently I'm retarded and forgot to indicate WHEN I'D BE ENROLLING IN LAW SCHOOL!!! Thanks for the tip, En Fuego. Also, do you have to fill out the class rank field?

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2005, 06:06:55 AM »
So evidently I'm retarded and forgot to indicate WHEN I'D BE ENROLLING IN LAW SCHOOL!!! Thanks for the tip, En Fuego. Also, do you have to fill out the class rank field?

I didn't ('cause I don't know my class rank... is that bad?...) and I've gotten fee waivers.

bloomich

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2005, 07:54:58 AM »
well, didn't get umich but i did get a Quinnipiac University School of Law fee waiver... and it's a conditonal fee waiver at that!  i have to request the brochure "Want to Practice Law?"... i'm going to get right on that :)

B.K.

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2005, 10:46:36 AM »
Sugarsh, 
Have you gotten fee waivers to any of the schools that you're planning on applying to ( the ones on your LSN profile)?

I don't mean this to sound cocky, but I'm just surprised that with a high LSAT score I haven't gotten more than the random two waivers. Could it still be too early in the game?

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2005, 11:01:49 AM »
Sugarsh, 
Have you gotten fee waivers to any of the schools that you're planning on applying to ( the ones on your LSN profile)?

I don't mean this to sound cocky, but I'm just surprised that with a high LSAT score I haven't gotten more than the random two waivers. Could it still be too early in the game?

I'm suprised you haven't too.  Our stats are practically identical.  I've gotten a handful of waivers (and maybe 10 brochures w/out waivers), though none from any of the schools I'm applying to yet (I'm still hoping).

BigSplitDC

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2005, 11:04:40 AM »
Got my first today - Baylor Law...

a bit depressing

milkman83

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2005, 04:34:50 PM »
Got my first two waivers today (first since summer waivers for entering Fall '05, that is) ... Baylor and UMich.

Hey that Seinfeld episode about the valet with B.O. is on! :D

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2005, 08:45:41 PM »
i got the michigan waiver today too...so relieving to finally get one that i'll actually use.  the letter from the dir. of admissions is also really nice...im starting to have a crush on michigan now after this attention. 

also, i know this was covered elsewhere but i dont feel like looking for it...what exactly is the certification used by LSACD that they say you have to send in along with the letter?

thanks all.  and for the rest of you, youll get yours, we all know how unreliable the USPS is.

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2005, 08:51:01 PM »
haha oh i know.  i plan to go and drop out just like she did  :o   then maybe move back here to nyc and dance.  i'll let you know if it works out.