Law School Discussion

Parallel Reasoning - need some advice

Indiana

• Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.
    • View Profile
Parallel Reasoning - need some advice
« on: March 08, 2005, 01:49:54 PM »
  Hi,

I've taken quite a few diagnostics so far, and I'm having a little bit of trouble with the Parallel Reasoning.

I've noticed that the newer tests seem to have even more of these type of questions, so I'm going to need to figure out how to consistently answer these. 

If these types of questions aren't intuitive to someone, can he/she learn how to do them with practice?  Does anyone have any good advice?  I looked through the LRB and it gave general advice about looking at the structure of the answers.  This helps a little, but I need something more concrete.  Would it help to diagram the reasoning pattern of every answer choice? Are there any other things I can look for to help eliminate answer choices?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

JDCPA

Re: Parallel Reasoning - need some advice
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 02:56:51 AM »
Skip them. They are designed to chew up your time. Also look at how many you get right in an entire practice test. You probably get most wrong. They are not worth it. If you finish the section early you can try them. Otherwise you are better off spending the time answering more questions than the couple of parallel reasoning and actually getting them right.

anton

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 08:04:34 AM »
I second what JDCPA said unless you're really good at the other types.

Parallel reasoning questions (both types) were by far my weakest LR questions, and I found that diagramming helped immensely.

Atlas429

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 06:07:58 PM »
Jambo -

Why are you worrying about the LSAT if you've already 1) in at Harvard and 2) got a 180 on the exam, as indicated in your signature?

Indiana

• Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 08:51:47 PM »
Atlas,

Nice pick up.  My sig is a little thing I like to call goal-setting.  See, I'm scoring 177 on my diagnostics right now.  I'm taking the June test.  I will get a 180 on that sum-of-a-female dog. 

Atlas429

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 06:51:30 AM »
Ahh I gotcha.