Law School Discussion

"US News Strikes Again!" from Deloggio

jayhawk

Re: "US News Strikes Again!" from Deloggio
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2005, 11:04:45 PM »
um, that was my point.  in fact, that was why i said "they will not be able to accept as many lower-end applicants". 

Well, yes and no, I think.  The fact that they are averaging the 25 and 75 numbers, wouldn't that mean that they will trim that 25 just a bit?  They probably can't budge the 75 that much, but they have more discretion on the 25.  Come to think of it, managing the 25 will also elevate the 75.

For that reason, it will force schools to not extend as many offers on the lower end.  Reach schools will be just a little more out of reach next year, I'm afraid.

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2005, 11:05:47 PM »
Jayhawk - Have I told you lately that you are very good looking?   ;)

jayhawk

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2005, 11:10:43 PM »

"we don't spend 30 seconds to read your posts, but we always make up for it by hitting on you!" <-- lsd's new motto    ;)

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2005, 11:18:20 PM »

"we don't spend 30 seconds to read your posts, but we always make up for it by hitting on you!" <-- lsd's new motto    ;)

You're not talking about me, are you?  I always get tongue-tied/keyboard butterfingers when I've got the butterflies from seeing a beautiful woman.  When I look at your avatar, I think I am gazing upon a magnificent sculpted marble masterpiece.

inthesun

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2005, 11:21:04 PM »
Hi Jayhawk!  Thanks for clearing that up.  Harvard is lucky to have you!  :)

how are you?  nice to see you back.  i've pretty much left lsd since all the fun regulars (you, cho, pookie, absy, lexy, etc) don't post much anymore.  have you decided on a school yet?

Maybe we can inspire a second coming.  As for schools, I am leaning toward U of I, b/c of the scholarship offer.  If I get of of U of Washington waitlist (unlikely, damn those waitlists), I will go there.  I eventually want to practice in Seattle.

jayhawk

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2005, 11:34:44 PM »

how are you?  nice to see you back.  i've pretty much left lsd since all the fun regulars (you, cho, pookie, absy, lexy, etc) don't post much anymore.  have you decided on a school yet?

Maybe we can inspire a second coming.  As for schools, I am leaning toward U of I, b/c of the scholarship offer.  If I get of of U of Washington waitlist (unlikely, damn those waitlists), I will go there.  I eventually want to practice in Seattle.

well good luck with that.  i'm sure you'll do well, wherever you end up. 

i'm so glad i found lsd when i did, since i met so many cool people.  unfortunately i probably won't get to meet you or some of the others, but i'm really excited about going to school next year with absy and dolcejn.  if you ever want to come party with us, let me know!!

inthesun

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2005, 11:37:35 PM »

well good luck with that.  i'm sure you'll do well, wherever you end up. 

i'm so glad i found lsd when i did, since i met so many cool people.  unfortunately i probably won't get to meet you or some of the others, but i'm really excited about going to school next year with absy and dolcejn.  if you ever want to come party with us, let me know!!

I would LOVE to check out MA some time.  I've never been to the East Coast (gasp!) and it would be cool to meet my favorite LSDers.  It's exciting to hear all the success stories.  :)

jayhawk

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2005, 11:46:55 PM »

I would LOVE to check out MA some time.  I've never been to the East Coast (gasp!) and it would be cool to meet my favorite LSDers.  It's exciting to hear all the success stories.  :)

you're welcome any time.  you know, until this month i'd never been to the east coast or the west coast?  but in the past few weeks i've been to boston, d.c., nyc, and l.a., and i definitely decided that i'm an east coast girl.  l.a. seemed just like kansas except for nicer weather and more traffic.   :(

inthesun

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2005, 11:55:28 PM »

you're welcome any time.  you know, until this month i'd never been to the east coast or the west coast?  but in the past few weeks i've been to boston, d.c., nyc, and l.a., and i definitely decided that i'm an east coast girl.  l.a. seemed just like kansas except for nicer weather and more traffic.   :(

Was this to look at schools?  I think that going to law school really lets people experience things they might not have otherwise.  To be honest, I have been mildly apathetic when it comes to politics, our government, and society (outside of my own little world).  After visiting some law schools, I am really excited about being around people who are activists, striving to make a real difference in the world.  I think it will be a time of discovering ourselves.  Imagine the possibilities you will have with your Harvard degree...you can really make a difference out there.  Isn't that exhilarating?

jayhawk

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2005, 12:16:16 AM »
i feel exactly the same way.  i've had fun during undergrad, but i don't feel like i know about anything that's going on around me.  i know that it's mostly my fault, but it's also because any time i tried to learn about and care about something, my friends would make fun of me.  as in, "alright, jayhawkgirl, is class over?  when are you gonna stop talking about politics and finish drinking your beer?"  i'm really excited about being around people with similar interests, as well as having the opportunity to study what we're interested in.  oh yeah, and because of law school stuff i got to have an interview with clarence thomas.  a SUPREME COURT JUSTICE interviewed me!!  this whole application process has been absolutely awesome and amazing and i'm so so so excited about attending school next year. 

Was this to look at schools?  I think that going to law school really lets people experience things they might not have otherwise.  To be honest, I have been mildly apathetic when it comes to politics, our government, and society (outside of my own little world).  After visiting some law schools, I am really excited about being around people who are activists, striving to make a real difference in the world.  I think it will be a time of discovering ourselves.  Imagine the possibilities you will have with your Harvard degree...you can really make a difference out there.  Isn't that exhilarating?