Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC vs. Wait lists  (Read 2245 times)

53-11

• View Profile
Re: BC vs. Wait lists
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2005, 03:24:18 PM »
With that said, it would seem reasonable that 75% of the 67% get BigLaw jobs, which coincidentally equals about 50% of the class as a whole.

Since BC always manages to ignore the "percent reporting information" part of this analysis, you have no idea whether this is indeed 50% of the class. 

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2005, 03:49:05 PM »
good point 53-11, I'll have to look into that when I get my info back in front of me. I suppose the correct or better assumption would be "50% of those reporting salary information".  Do you have any information about what their percent reporting is or has historically been?

nubova

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2005, 04:12:37 PM »
With that said, it would seem reasonable that 75% of the 67% get BigLaw jobs, which coincidentally equals about 50% of the class as a whole.

Since BC always manages to ignore the "percent reporting information" part of this analysis, you have no idea whether this is indeed 50% of the class. 

Actually they do put the percentage reporting. Its on the information profile they hand out at the school. I went to see if I kept the info, but I threw it out with all the other Law school admissions stuff I had on my desk. I am pretty sure all that info was based on 97% of the class reporting.

karita624

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2005, 04:20:20 PM »
If you people spend half as much time studying and applying to jobs as you do calculating the percent chance of landing a job and the subsequent salary and location of the job, I think you will be all set  :D.

53-11

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2005, 04:24:13 PM »

Actually they do put the percentage reporting. Its on the information profile they hand out at the school. I went to see if I kept the info, but I threw it out with all the other Law school admissions stuff I had on my desk. I am pretty sure all that info was based on 97% of the class reporting.

That is incorrect.  They have always shown %reporting for 1L and 2L summer employment, but not for their at-graduation stats.  Sorry piece of crap school.

nubova

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2005, 04:37:30 PM »
Karita, I completely agree. haha. We should all probably set a goal to not come on this site once we begin in the fall. :)

53-11, they gave everyone a published profile from last years graduating class with the percentage reporting at 97%. I understand that if you did not attend any of the sessions, you probably have not seen it. It was very usefull as I agree that all subsequent information is irrelevant without this crucial piece of information. :)

hth.

53-11

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2005, 04:53:31 PM »
I'm nearly certain that the packet provided at the admit day only contained %reporting for 1L summer and 2L summers, not for graduating 3Ls.

miller

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2005, 05:09:45 PM »

I dont think this is all THAT important, as this debate is kind of pointless, but as future lawyers who are obviously drawn to arguments, I will provide the essential information that both of you are discussing. Nubova was actually correct. In the packet from admit day  which is right in front of me, they did provide the percentage reporting at Graduation as well as 1l and 2L summers.

I guess it is important, but we've all already decided on our schools anyways, so the debate is kind of pointless.
later.

ziti

• View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=ziti
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2005, 05:20:14 PM »
The stapled packet from the office of career services that was handed out at the information session on March 18 did not contain the % reporting at graduation.  They may have corrected this for the big April 1 open house, which I did not attend.  However, the most recent Official ABA Guide to Law Schools lists BC's employment status known as 95.1%.

I realize that this is completely pointless, but I'm at work and I'm wicked bored.  And for those of you who are coming to BC this fall, get used to the word wicked.

53-11

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2005, 05:20:35 PM »
Hmm, I withdraw my statement about BC being a sorry crappy school then.  Apologies.