Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IN AT SYRACUSE!  (Read 1237 times)

jolyssa

• View Profile
    • Email
IN AT SYRACUSE!
« on: April 23, 2005, 11:45:16 AM »
Admitted through the LEO program, so I start a month earlier than everyone else.  I take a legal methodology and legal writing class with individualized tutoring from Aug. 1 to Aug. 22, no tuition or housing fee.

Letter was dated 04/18 and I received it yesterday.

Sub-150 lsat, 3.7 gpa

I know, I can hardly believe it myself!

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: IN AT SYRACUSE!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 01:17:43 PM »
Congrats! ;D Its good to see they're still alive and sending out acceptances!
HUSL 1L

borntofly021

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 04:52:44 PM »
jolyssa --
Yay, that's awesome! Question: Did you apply directly to the LEO program, or did you just fill out the normal application and nothing more? Since you had a lower LSAT, you must have had some soft factors - what were some of them? (if you don't mind me asking.) I am excited to hear you got in, and I am waiting on a decision from Syracuse. The calculator tells me I only have around a 24 percent chance of getting in, so I don't know how likely it is. But I would be more than happy to get in through the LEO program or even a waitlist (hopefully I could work with it somehow and get myself off the waitlist.) I keep hoping I will get a chance...
Crank up the band, play the steel guitar.
Hank it up a little, let's rock this bar.
Threw back a shot; yelled: "I'm a George Strait junkie.
"Ah-ooh-hoo, play somethin' country."

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 04:55:42 PM »
congrats!  good luck if you choose Syracuse!

jolyssa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 12:21:07 AM »
Thanks!

I didn't mention the LEO program in my application, but I did write an addendum about a poor history in standardized tests and talked about my academic achievements as an undergrad.  I was adopted and immigrated to the US at the age of 7 from the Philippines and have worked in an immigration law office for over 4 years (where I worked as an undergrad and continue to work presently).  My ps talked mostly about that.

Good luck on Syracuse, they definately are looking beyond the numbers!

jolyssa --
Yay, that's awesome! Question: Did you apply directly to the LEO program, or did you just fill out the normal application and nothing more? Since you had a lower LSAT, you must have had some soft factors - what were some of them? (if you don't mind me asking.) I am excited to hear you got in, and I am waiting on a decision from Syracuse. The calculator tells me I only have around a 24 percent chance of getting in, so I don't know how likely it is. But I would be more than happy to get in through the LEO program or even a waitlist (hopefully I could work with it somehow and get myself off the waitlist.) I keep hoping I will get a chance...

borntofly021

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 01:50:16 PM »
Thanks!

I didn't mention the LEO program in my application, but I did write an addendum about a poor history in standardized tests and talked about my academic achievements as an undergrad.  I was adopted and immigrated to the US at the age of 7 from the Philippines and have worked in an immigration law office for over 4 years (where I worked as an undergrad and continue to work presently).  My ps talked mostly about that.

Good luck on Syracuse, they definately are looking beyond the numbers!

Thanks for the info! I hope Syracuse is really looking beyond the numbers! I would love to go there! Why do you want to go to Syracuse? What state are you going to be coming from?
Crank up the band, play the steel guitar.
Hank it up a little, let's rock this bar.
Threw back a shot; yelled: "I'm a George Strait junkie.
"Ah-ooh-hoo, play somethin' country."

leoladybug

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 01:08:58 PM »
Congrats Jolyssa!!  I haven't heard anything from Syracuse yet.  I sent my deposit to CUNY last week.

I am sure you will do great in the LEO program!! :)

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
  • My four babies and my reason for everything!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 01:21:54 PM »
 ;D
Stats:  Berkeley GPA 3.53(3.54), LSAT 156
Attending:  Golden Gate(p/t)
Ding: Santa Clara University

loulielawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 03:47:30 PM »
Congrats on your acceptance.  I received my acceptance to Syracuse yesterday.  I am really excited! I think Syracuse does look beyond the numbers because my GPA is less than impressive but I wrote my personal statements on obstacles that I overcame to graduate.

Good luck to those who are waiting to hear!

jolyssa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 04:14:55 PM »
THANKS!

leolady:  You know I still haven't heard from CUNY.  I'm not sure what I would do if they offer me admission.  It's something I have to think about...

loulie:  Congrats to you too.  Are you going to Syracuse?  I think I'm about 75 percent sure I will matriculate.