Law School Discussion

IN AT SYRACUSE!

IN AT SYRACUSE!
« on: April 23, 2005, 09:45:16 AM »
Admitted through the LEO program, so I start a month earlier than everyone else.  I take a legal methodology and legal writing class with individualized tutoring from Aug. 1 to Aug. 22, no tuition or housing fee.

Letter was dated 04/18 and I received it yesterday.

Sub-150 lsat, 3.7 gpa

I know, I can hardly believe it myself!

cam108

• View Profile
Re: IN AT SYRACUSE!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 11:17:43 AM »
Congrats! ;D Its good to see they're still alive and sending out acceptances!

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 02:52:44 PM »
jolyssa --
Yay, that's awesome! Question: Did you apply directly to the LEO program, or did you just fill out the normal application and nothing more? Since you had a lower LSAT, you must have had some soft factors - what were some of them? (if you don't mind me asking.) I am excited to hear you got in, and I am waiting on a decision from Syracuse. The calculator tells me I only have around a 24 percent chance of getting in, so I don't know how likely it is. But I would be more than happy to get in through the LEO program or even a waitlist (hopefully I could work with it somehow and get myself off the waitlist.) I keep hoping I will get a chance...

InVinoVeritas

• Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 02:55:42 PM »
congrats!  good luck if you choose Syracuse!

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 10:21:07 PM »
Thanks!

I didn't mention the LEO program in my application, but I did write an addendum about a poor history in standardized tests and talked about my academic achievements as an undergrad.  I was adopted and immigrated to the US at the age of 7 from the Philippines and have worked in an immigration law office for over 4 years (where I worked as an undergrad and continue to work presently).  My ps talked mostly about that.

Good luck on Syracuse, they definately are looking beyond the numbers!

jolyssa --
Yay, that's awesome! Question: Did you apply directly to the LEO program, or did you just fill out the normal application and nothing more? Since you had a lower LSAT, you must have had some soft factors - what were some of them? (if you don't mind me asking.) I am excited to hear you got in, and I am waiting on a decision from Syracuse. The calculator tells me I only have around a 24 percent chance of getting in, so I don't know how likely it is. But I would be more than happy to get in through the LEO program or even a waitlist (hopefully I could work with it somehow and get myself off the waitlist.) I keep hoping I will get a chance...

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 11:50:16 AM »
Thanks!

I didn't mention the LEO program in my application, but I did write an addendum about a poor history in standardized tests and talked about my academic achievements as an undergrad.  I was adopted and immigrated to the US at the age of 7 from the Philippines and have worked in an immigration law office for over 4 years (where I worked as an undergrad and continue to work presently).  My ps talked mostly about that.

Good luck on Syracuse, they definately are looking beyond the numbers!

Thanks for the info! I hope Syracuse is really looking beyond the numbers! I would love to go there! Why do you want to go to Syracuse? What state are you going to be coming from?

leoladybug

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 11:08:58 AM »
Congrats Jolyssa!!  I haven't heard anything from Syracuse yet.  I sent my deposit to CUNY last week.

I am sure you will do great in the LEO program!! :)

plutoeyore

• My four babies and my reason for everything!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 11:21:54 AM »
 ;D

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 01:47:30 PM »
Congrats on your acceptance.  I received my acceptance to Syracuse yesterday.  I am really excited! I think Syracuse does look beyond the numbers because my GPA is less than impressive but I wrote my personal statements on obstacles that I overcame to graduate.

Good luck to those who are waiting to hear!

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 02:14:55 PM »
THANKS!

leolady:  You know I still haven't heard from CUNY.  I'm not sure what I would do if they offer me admission.  It's something I have to think about...

loulie:  Congrats to you too.  Are you going to Syracuse?  I think I'm about 75 percent sure I will matriculate.