Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Credit Score  (Read 12822 times)

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
Re: Credit Score
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2005, 02:05:52 PM »
tag
3.52 164|cancel|173
Attending: UVA

Hegel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2005, 01:48:55 AM »
snag

blake840

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2005, 05:16:40 PM »
Thanks for the advice all, it sounds good. Now to get this all done before I need to shop for loans.
you're cute.

i second that.
Uconn Law 1L.

kermit

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2005, 05:47:47 PM »
i was just wondering what to do about debts you have in the past that you want to pay.  does paying them improve your credit history?  freshman or sophomore year or college, one of my credit card companies was bought out by another company and even though i had no late payments, they decided to cancel my account.  i had about $500 and really could not afford to pay it.  anyway, it went to a collection agency, is an ugly blemish on my account, etc., etc..  i have just graduated, i'm swimming in cash, and i can pay that off easily.  if i contact the collection agency and pay the $500, will that have any affect on my score?

_____

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2005, 08:09:09 PM »
i was just wondering what to do about debts you have in the past that you want to pay.  does paying them improve your credit history?  freshman or sophomore year or college, one of my credit card companies was bought out by another company and even though i had no late payments, they decided to cancel my account.  i had about $500 and really could not afford to pay it.  anyway, it went to a collection agency, is an ugly blemish on my account, etc., etc..  i have just graduated, i'm swimming in cash, and i can pay that off easily.  if i contact the collection agency and pay the $500, will that have any affect on my score?

Check these out... They'll explain better than I can...

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/SavingandDebt/P59862.asp

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Savinganddebt/Managedebt/P74812.asp

MoneyHungryGollum

• Da' Moneeeeeeeeee!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2005, 08:53:10 PM »
Can anybody tell me if one lender leans toward Transunion reports over the others and further if this varies by geographic location???

Hegel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2005, 01:14:32 AM »

If you even talk to the company and suggest that you are going to pay them any money, the seven year clock starts all over again.  Be careful.