Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Jersey Shore Summer Renta;  (Read 179 times)

AMB22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Jersey Shore Summer Renta;
« on: April 22, 2005, 04:07:43 PM »
Does anyone have any experience renting a house/room at the Jersey Shore for the Summer? One friend and I are considering spending the Summer at the shore and getting crappy jobs and just relaxing...whats the lowest we could pay for decent but not great living? Does it get much cheaper with more people? Whats the best advice for renting there? Anyone have an links to affordable properties? Looking to spend no more than 2K per person for the whole Summer...

ccorsi

Re: Jersey Shore Summer Renta;
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 04:54:29 PM »
I spent several summers at the shore and had some really, really great times.

1st you need to decide what shore.  We always went to Sea Isle, Avalon, Ocean City, or Strathmere.

The 2 keys are getting a place early (you missed the boat on this already) and have at least six people go in on a place.

2 people is not enough economic scale - it will cost you way too much.  $2000 a piece won't get it done.

Find 4 more friends and you still might be able to pull it off.  Also, definitely get waiter/bartender/cocktail waitressing jobs.

Those jobs pay the most and allow you to work the least and enjoy the beach.

C2

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 10:06:46 PM »
Look on the internet at http://www.jerseyshorehouserentals.com  and other sites like it.  You'll find lots of listings.  The Jersey shore is very nice.  I grew up near Point Pleasant beach and loved it.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 05:35:05 PM »
Well, late April is a little late to be looking for a summer rental.  I had a friend who used to manage a B&B at Avon by the Sea over summer break when we were in undergrad.  Maybe you could do something like that.  Get creative.  Look on the internet for B&Bs at the Jersey Shore and see if any of them are looking for summer help.  There's usually a little room off the kitchen they have for you to sleep in.  Good luck!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

ccorsi

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 07:35:48 PM »
You might want to think about putting up some flyers at Philly area colleges looking for Shore roomates.  Lots of kids in college in the Delaware Valley spend their suumers at the shore.

C2

AMB22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 09:16:27 PM »
Thanks. Also, although this may not be appropriate, I would suggest studying and retaking the LSAT if you can put off LS for another year. My guess is that with practice you'll be able to improve a lot and boost your average up a bit. Its a shame to waste a 3.89 at UPenn which when combined with a higher LSAT will get you into some great schools. I don't know your situation, etc but it might be something to consider.

You might want to think about putting up some flyers at Philly area colleges looking for Shore roomates.  Lots of kids in college in the Delaware Valley spend their suumers at the shore.

C2