Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IU-Indy  (Read 1709 times)

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: IU-Indy
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 04:50:24 PM »
that'd be funny, a couple of storm troopers sitting in back during the mock class. Vader up in front asking about scholarships.

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 05:11:55 PM »
for those visiting tomorrow, dress warm - weather is supposed to cold and rainy.  also beware all the Star Wars geeks - major convention in town (Celebration III - complete with George Lucas) traffic will suck and parking may be tough.

Wow - Now I've got another reason to go.  I was thinking about backing out, but if there's a Star Wars convention, I might just check it out.

you won't get this stuff at American..

vkschicago

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2005, 11:57:16 PM »
maybe I am just nieve, but what type of attire is generally found at these things? fairly casual I presume?

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2005, 09:02:43 AM »
business casual - dockers and polo type stuff.

blue-green algae

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2005, 02:25:00 PM »
Desmo's right.  Most people go business casual to these things.  Some folks might wear jeans and others suits, but as long as don't wear a t-shirt with obscenities all across the back and front, you should be fine.  I hope everyone took a lightsaber.

blue-green algae

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2005, 04:27:31 PM »
Paperback Writer and anyone else that attended the open this weekend, how was it?

vkschicago

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2005, 02:30:38 PM »
Also interested in how the open house went.  Was on the way when I lost the breaks in my car.  Definetly not an experience I would like to repeat.  Needless to say, I missed the program.  Anything of interest?

blue-green algae

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2005, 02:39:58 PM »
Also interested in how the open house went.  Was on the way when I lost the breaks in my car.  Definetly not an experience I would like to repeat.  Needless to say, I missed the program.  Anything of interest?

Sorry to hear about your brakes.  Scary stuff.  My brakes once went out right as I was getting ready to descend a long, steep hill that T'ed at a fairly busy road.  I fortunately noticed they weren't working before I started going down the hill.

There's got be someone with something to say about the open house over the weekend.

jnicoleut

• AOL Instant Messenger - jnicoleut
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2005, 03:24:05 PM »
I went to the program, but left when the lunch started. I know these things aren't meant to be high entertainment, but I was bored and decided my time was better spent at home.  ;) They didn't tell me anything about the school that I didn't already know...plus, the Dean of Graduate Studies spoke for 30+ minutes trying to skirt around the issue/non-issue of the rankings drop. I've toured the school before, so I knew it was a beautiful place to spend a day. I was basically looking for the "this fits" feeling from the school on admit day. I chose my UGrad school completely on gut feeling, and have been a little lost in this process where I haven't been able to really come to a clear decision on where I feel comfortable......that said, the admit day didn't really clear any of that up for me. I'm from Indiana so Indy is familiar to me, which is a plus. I do love the city, and would plan on getting tickets for Colts and Pacers games as my escape from school.  :)
"I've seen enough to feel the world spin." -Jimmy Buffett

blue-green algae

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2005, 11:37:04 AM »
I went to the program, but left when the lunch started. I know these things aren't meant to be high entertainment, but I was bored and decided my time was better spent at home.  ;) They didn't tell me anything about the school that I didn't already know...plus, the Dean of Graduate Studies spoke for 30+ minutes trying to skirt around the issue/non-issue of the rankings drop. I've toured the school before, so I knew it was a beautiful place to spend a day. I was basically looking for the "this fits" feeling from the school on admit day. I chose my UGrad school completely on gut feeling, and have been a little lost in this process where I haven't been able to really come to a clear decision on where I feel comfortable......that said, the admit day didn't really clear any of that up for me. I'm from Indiana so Indy is familiar to me, which is a plus. I do love the city, and would plan on getting tickets for Colts and Pacers games as my escape from school.  :)

You say the Dean of Graduate Studies spent thirty minutes trying to skirt around the issue/non-issue of the school's recent drop in the U.S. News rankings. I've researched the issue pretty thoroughly and know why it happened.  Also, especially knowing what I know now, I'm not that concerned about the drop.  What I am curious to hear is how the dean addressed the issue and what types of questions were asked and comments made by admitted applicants about the matter.  The open house I attended was before all the rankings hullabaoo.