Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: And the winner is....Arkansas  (Read 1113 times)

Dixon

• View Profile
Re: And the winner is....Arkansas
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005, 03:10:26 PM »
Floridalaw-

You know, if I was smart I would have gotten a furnished apartment and saved myself the trouble of having to haul all my crap halfway across the country.  I think you have got a good plan.  To be honest, I don't know how much more furnished apartments are.  I just never really looked into it. I do know that your choices may be a little more limited if you will only take a furnished apartment.

I don't know how much the Radisson cost as I did not handle the financial details of the trip. Lots of hotels will let you book online so you can check it out pretty quickly.

Mignon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 06:31:05 PM »
I heard the dorms at UA-Fay Law are not so attractive.  Anyone of you been apartment hunting?  Any good furnished apartment around campus?

I went apartment hunting and found some great two story and single story duplexes off of Evening Shade and Skyler.

The guy who owns almost all of the duplexes in the neighborhood said there are many law students renting from him.

Someone suggested the Law Quad apartments, but those just weren't my style. I think these apartments are on Sycamore.

I haven't heard great things about Lazenby or Sweetzer management companies and they have many apartment buildings in the area.

I found my place through a great property management company, let me know if you want the info. I'm sure the realtor I used can find you a furnished apartment.

HTH

be10dwn

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 11:29:27 PM »
The largest realtor in Fayetteville is Lindsey.  We bought our house through them, and they also have a lot of rental properties as well.

karimissouri

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2005, 12:10:20 AM »
Hi folks,

I live in fayetteville, and will be glad to help. feel free to contact me with your questions regarding Fayetteville.

Good luck to all.

karimissouri

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2005, 07:07:35 PM »
Hi everybody,
Thanks for your emails. Sorry I don’t have time to answer each one of you privately.  Since all your questions are about the same I will answer them all here. Here is what I came up with:

Cheap Motels in Fayetteville

Motel 6—2980 N college Ave – Phone # 4434351 
1 bed Room without service = $ 247 for 7 days ~ $ 36 a day.
1 Room with service $300.51 for 7 days ~ $ 43 a day

Hwy INN motel 1140 N college. Phone #  442 9916

1 Bed room for $ 29.99 plus tax which will be $ 35
2 bed rooms is $ 39.99 plus taxes

Days Inn 2402N College Ave. Phone #  4434323

1 bed Room = $ 45 plus taxes. Breakfast included
2 bedrooms = $ 47 plus taxes. Breakfast included

Most known Hair Stylists

- JC Penney at the NWA Mall - Phone # 521- 1492
- DJ’s Hair factory, No. 2 oak Plaza shopping center – Phone # 443-7647

Community Access TV

101 W. Rock Street - Phone # 444-3433

Houses for rent or sale

www.karimissouri.com  (Please click on the “leasing” button, there are two houses available)

http://www.maplestreetapartments.com/  (if you are looking for apartments)

As for all other information pertaining to Fayetteville (utility companies, city Hall, Schools and hospitals, Maps of Northwest Arkansas, services and community info, Mortgage info etc), please review them at: www.karimissouri.com. Click on the “resources” button on the top banner of the home page.

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2005, 10:20:40 PM »
Anyone of you received any financial aid information from UA-Fay? 

Dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2005, 06:41:44 AM »
I called the financial aid office last Thursday or Friday and they told me that we will get all of the financial aid stuff in July.  He would not say when in July.

be10dwn

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2005, 09:29:05 AM »
I called the financial aid office last Thursday or Friday and they told me that we will get all of the financial aid stuff in July.  He would not say when in July.

Good call.  I was just about to call them today about that.

Dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2005, 09:44:21 AM »
     Just to let yall know a couple of other things I talked to the financial aid guy about...
    They will not raise the approved personal expenses budget for car or health insurance.  I did not think that they would but I figured it did not hurt to ask. They will raise it for the cost of your computer.  He told me that they will take care of all of the details when we meet with our advisor or whatever at the fin aid office in the fall.

Another random bit of information.  When Josh the assistant dean  was giving me a tour of the school he told me that it was important to get your immunization records in to the school.  He told me not to send them to him although he gets a couple dozen every year. You should send them to the health center.

be10dwn

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2005, 12:53:45 PM »
     Just to let yall know a couple of other things I talked to the financial aid guy about...
    They will not raise the approved personal expenses budget for car or health insurance.  I did not think that they would but I figured it did not hurt to ask. They will raise it for the cost of your computer.  He told me that they will take care of all of the details when we meet with our advisor or whatever at the fin aid office in the fall.

Another random bit of information.  When Josh the assistant dean  was giving me a tour of the school he told me that it was important to get your immunization records in to the school.  He told me not to send them to him although he gets a couple dozen every year. You should send them to the health center.

I wonder if it is ok just to bring them when I come up at the end of July, along with the little picture.