Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Racism Issue  (Read 20694 times)

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
Re: The Racism Issue
« Reply #230 on: April 22, 2005, 06:15:13 PM »
Back in the saddle again.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 25, 2005, 10:49:18 AM »
this about sums up the view of a lot of law school applicants of a different hue

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #232 on: April 25, 2005, 10:51:41 AM »
this about sums up the view of a lot of law school applicants of a different hue

The white man's AA.

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 25, 2005, 10:58:03 AM »

You are right about that.  It is ok to let people in for other reasons...your daddy donated money (money he probably got through slavery), your mommy or daddy went here (probably because no minorities were allowed in at the time) but the second a white person does not get in, it was because of affirmative action.  Why is that????

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 25, 2005, 11:00:55 AM »

The white man's AA.

this has nothing to do with race; he's just attacking the guy closest to him.
Look to the left -- Look to the right

Who's Crowdaddy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fuc% Y'all, I'm From Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 25, 2005, 11:05:17 AM »

The white man's AA.

Sweet, I didn't realize I had so many people to blame.
I fought the Law and the Law won

I am the Law

seu2002

« Reply #236 on: April 25, 2005, 11:09:30 AM »

The white man's AA.

:D

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 25, 2005, 11:21:51 AM »

The white man's AA.

Now you know, start blaming some white people for your problems.

From Nebraska

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #238 on: April 25, 2005, 11:30:54 AM »
That's really funny.  I was reading a post on another discussion board and the topic was "Why do minorities get special treatment"  It was some White guy claiming that he didn't get into U of Michigan because some Black or Mexican with a low LSAT score and Undergrad GPA took his spot. 

Funny that at U of Michigan Blacks represent about 6 percent.  And only about 20 percent in law school as a whole.  So why did he assume that we didnt have the LSAT or GPA to get into U of M and that it was one of the 20 Black people admitted that stole his spot???   

Not to mention in the book "US News Guide to Law Schools"  they presented a case about U of M about a White woman claiming that a URM took her seat as well.  The court ruled that "diversity counts!" and can be used in the admission process.   
Yes, there are black people in Nebraska!

Who's Crowdaddy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fuc% Y'all, I'm From Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 25, 2005, 11:39:32 AM »

The white man's AA.

Now you know, start blaming some white people for your problems.

I am pretty sure I have blamed every problem I've ever had on some white person or another. Even when I screw up, I am stuck blaming a white guy.

Those people that female dog in the other threads about AA are idiots. There are tons of them on this discussion board. Schools need more diversity. Almost every law school needs more diversity than it has, with very few exceptions.

If my numbers were better than two other people and one was son of a donor and one was from an underrepresented group, I would certainly hope the underrepresented group member got the spot over the damn donors son.

Someone suggested trying to parlay my 1/16 native American into something. I think it is embarrassing that people try to hustle everything. How sick would it be if I got in on that basis and it actually kept a real Native American (of which there are almost none in law school) out of a school.

Everytime someone gets into a good school on this website with low numbers, everybody starts questioning them about their ethnicity. It's damn annoying.

Luckily, I got into most schools I wanted, and if I didn't it was because I was an idiot the first two years of college, 1992-1993. From now on, I think I will just blame soccer players.

I fought the Law and the Law won

I am the Law