Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Advice for undergrads?  (Read 1738 times)

gar

Advice for undergrads?
« on: April 28, 2003, 09:13:47 AM »
Well, I am currently a soph. at a tier-3 doctoral university with serious interest in the field of law. My current gpa is roughly 3.7 and am involved with numerous extracurricular activities (volunteering, senate intern, organizational president(s), etc). I have yet to take the LSAT but I have begun reading through a couple of those handy LSAT prep books. In any case, I recently applied and was accepted as a transfer student at the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill. While this is great, I am still pondering whether I SHOULD indeed transfer. I, of course would lose my gpa and a couple credits.
So, how important is school prestige? Should I stick it out and try to finish strong on my gpa at my current university? Lsats?

Any advice, will be greatly appreciated.

gar598

• AOL Instant Messenger - gar598
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - gar598@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
Re: Advice for undergrads?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 09:32:12 AM »
oh, I didn't realize I added my msg in the wrong forum - sorry for the mix up.
Law is order, and good law is good order.
Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC), Politics

anon

Re: Advice for undergrads?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 02:14:28 PM »
If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about what some law school admissions officer might or might not think about your application two or three years from now.  If you want to transfer to another school, do it.  The new school give grades too, don't they?  Doesn't the LSDAS average all college grades?  In any event, the LSAT test can mean a lot.  The bottom line? Lighten up.