Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC Financial Aid Appeal Results  (Read 2418 times)

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: BC Financial Aid Appeal Results
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2005, 02:32:01 PM »
lol I'm not sure that is something to be proud of, but oh well. 

I am actually concerned about this entire issue at BC.  To me it seems like a lot of those accepted thus far (at least on LSD) are also wait listed at "higher ranked" schools. There is nothing worse than a bunch of people that think they are better than the school they attend (first hand knowledge here). It translates into how they speak in class and how they relate to their peers. Although, given BC's historical ranking, this must have been the case in all the classes before us, and it still has a great reputation as being friendly and non-competitive. I guess we will all see.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2005, 02:37:38 PM »
Well Kyle, with that attitude, I am sure you will be a success as a lawyer because your clients will all admire and respect you.  NOT! :o

karita624

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2005, 02:52:02 PM »
Haha, apparently I'm a marked man.  A bitter midwestern frat boy marked man ;)

If your sensitive enough to get offended by my second thoughts about the school you have chosen, you better hope we're not in the same section.  I'm usually MUCH more offense and combative in person than when I can proofread my posts :)

Oh, I am not offended! On the contrary, as I said, I feel sorry for you  :-\.

And to Neub: I did get waitlisted at higher schools, as most of us did (7 is pretty impressive, though, isn't it??).  I have a reached an inner peace about BC, though, I really am excited! :) The only school that I will pick up and move for now is Northwestern, and it is only because my boyfriend is there.  Fat chance, though ;).  I think that once we all matriculate, everyone will realize how lucky we actually are (just ask anyone at a T4).  And besides, from what my BCLS friends have told me, they spend most of orientation making sure the students get along and respect each other.
We may have been in the same position as UGs-- most of my friends were at my UG necause they were denied at the big Ivies. But I didn't notice pervasive sadness. You can find good people and experiences at any great school.

DeltaTauKyle

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hrm, I look pasty...must be engineering.
    • ICQ Messenger - 272630
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DeltaTauKyle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2005, 04:07:45 PM »
Well, I am having a bad day at work, but aside from that, I guess I'm amazed so many people are so sensitive about this issue.  Either way, apologies to anyone who was irked by my thinking aloud.  I'll make sure to keep all dissenting thoughts to myself :)
BC Law '08
Summer IP Intern

DeltaTauKyle

• Sr. Citizen
    • ICQ Messenger - 272630
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2005, 04:08:46 PM »
Well Kyle, with that attitude, I am sure you will be a success as a lawyer because your clients will all admire and respect you.  NOT! :o

Man, I haven't been able to do the 'NOT!' in a while...nicely done ;)
BC Law '08
Summer IP Intern

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2005, 04:19:01 PM »
karita...i bow in awe of your seven wait lists! I think we should have some kind of competition on here for the most.  7 has to be up there.  I am chilling with my four, and to piggy back on what you said, I have found an inner peace with BC as well. Honestly, I am really looking forward to the reported "friendly" atmosphere, and an alumnus told me it was the best 3 years of his life.  Hard to believe, but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Trinitygunner

• Sr. Citizen
  • That's my baby picture?
    • MSN Messenger - kennfukuda@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Trinitygunner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2005, 04:19:38 PM »
DTK is a nice guy. really....

final product...pending approval: 94 pages

DeltaTauKyle

• Sr. Citizen
    • ICQ Messenger - 272630
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2005, 04:54:04 PM »
Lemme get this straight, my online-girlfriend decideds to pick on me before taking me to the chinese buffet...? ;)
BC Law '08
Summer IP Intern

Trinitygunner

• Sr. Citizen
  • That's my baby picture?
    • MSN Messenger - kennfukuda@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Trinitygunner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2005, 08:57:19 PM »
Lemme get this straight, my online-girlfriend decideds to pick on me before taking me to the chinese buffet...? ;)

It's only because I know you can take it.  ;) Best start playing nice with others if you're going to be my online boyfriend.

i wanna go to chinese buffet.... (i love how the austin folks are starting hijack the threads....)
final product...pending approval: 94 pages

DeltaTauKyle

• Sr. Citizen
    • ICQ Messenger - 272630
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2005, 10:34:16 PM »
The chinese buffet was awesome...I had bulgogi with a hefty side of irony (thanks anastasia!)
BC Law '08
Summer IP Intern