Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: You've GOT to be kidding me - PLEASE help me on this (IU full ride vs. UCLA)  (Read 2221 times)

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
how many of us were at admit day amyway? Seems like quite a few were.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

la-man

• Sr. Citizen
  • I need some gel.
    • View Profile
i was there...what an exciting lecture by the indian law professor... ::)
UCLA 1L.

Shira

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
No, but dude, the guy from the Valley was hilarious.

i was there...what an exciting lecture by the indian law professor... ::)
3.4ish, mid-160's
Accepted: UCLA, Loyola (Los Angeles)
Rejected: USC (whatever!)

*YAY!!!!!!!!*

la-man

• Sr. Citizen
  • I need some gel.
    • View Profile
he seriously had some caffeine in him, but i have to say he was amusing and his credentials are quite impressive...
UCLA 1L.

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
Yeah, dude from the Valley was great. Though his digs at SF hurt (I was one of the few that were half-heartedly booing that part. and I don't see how someone from the valley can credibly diss the culture of SF... ;)).And as he is from the valley, I have no qualms about refering to this professor as "dude" :D
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
OP -- have you contacted UCLA admissions and let them know about competing offers.  i doubt they'll bite, but it's worth a shot.  in any case, UCLA seems to fit your career goals best, especially since they're planning on implementing a concentration in entertainment law in the very near future.

about admit day -- i loved the guy from the valley.  aside from the fact that he was an engaging speaker, i liked the way he talked about the law.  in fact, i thought all of the professors on the panel were interesting in their own ways.

lawyersihate

• View Profile
Hey, I was at the welcoming reception also. It was pretty interesting to hear some of the faculty give their speeches.
I wonder the lectures will be as entertaining?

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
I'd say go to UCLA, but I want that same scholarship, so I'm not exactly unbiased in this.

photogrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
InVinoVeritas- Yes, I called them this morning, and they were very helpful, although I don't know how far that's going to get me money-wise.  They said that they are going to review my file and get back to me, and the nice lady took my cell and work numbers down.  Professor Robinson also got back to me and we're going to talk about it tomorrow over the phone, so I should have some better perspective by then.  Not that a bunch of anonymous internet posters don't afford perspective, but I'll take his too.   :D

Regarding the speakers, I thought they were all great.  I don't envision lectures being that entertaining, but it would be amazing if they were.  But then again, if law school were that easy and entertaining to sit through, I would imagine that more people than already apply would want to go.  

TacoJohn- I'll arm wrestle you for it.  We just have to tell the administration of our plans and that we've got it under control.   ;)
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=stkit2theman

I am not permanent
And the only thing keeping me dry is where i am

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
InVinoVeritas- Yes, I called them this morning, and they were very helpful, although I don't know how far that's going to get me money-wise.  They said that they are going to review my file and get back to me, and the nice lady took my cell and work numbers down.  Professor Robinson also got back to me and we're going to talk about it tomorrow over the phone, so I should have some better perspective by then.  Not that a bunch of anonymous internet posters don't afford perspective, but I'll take his too.   :D

Regarding the speakers, I thought they were all great.  I don't envision lectures being that entertaining, but it would be amazing if they were.  But then again, if law school were that easy and entertaining to sit through, I would imagine that more people than already apply would want to go.  

TacoJohn- I'll arm wrestle you for it.  We just have to tell the administration of our plans and that we've got it under control.   ;)
Zero upper body strength.  Let's thumb wrestle.  Best 3 out of 5.