Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who's Going to South Texas?  (Read 8104 times)

Stogz

• View Profile
Re: Who's Going to South Texas?
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2005, 07:19:13 PM »
I will most likely go to DePaul though.  STCL gave me no moola, and NIU is too small.

Yeah, but what is DePaul tuition like?  Is DePaul still cheaper after taking into account that STCL is less than 20k per year?  I know many law schools cost 30k and then give a 7-8k schoolarship.  Just something to consider.

How did the faculty come across??

So far, I've met Susan Crump (wonderful woman with a great sense of humor), Gerald Treese (who reminds me of an old school, hard ass football coach), Cathrine Burnett (very friendly, reminded me of one of my undegrad professors).  Overall, I liked the people I met.

Also, what's the average class size for entering students?  thxs

USN&WR lists 958 FT and 296 PT.  Dividing those numbers accordingly, you can assume 319 FT and 74 PT for each year's entering class.
Stogz (UGPA: 3.7; LSAT: 153; Non-traditional w/ Masters)
Accepted: Oklahoma City ($$) and South Texas
Waitlist: SMU, Baylor (Spring), Pepperdine
Denials:  Baylor (Fall), Oklahoma, Houston, W&M, Emory, Texas, Oregon

pittsburghphil

• wacha lookin' at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2005, 11:59:48 PM »

get any lookers?

Just me...and damn, I'm hot.   ;D  Actually, I was kinda cold wearing a sleeveless dress.  But I thought it would be typical Houston weather, hot and sticky, but instead was cold and drizzly.  Oh well. 

South Texas seems to be a pretty good school.  The Dean is the former dean for NIU, a school that offered me a free ride, and one that I am still considering.  He gave me a lot of great information about both schools.  I will most likely go to DePaul though.  STCL gave me no moola, and NIU is too small.

i agree with the first paragraph. and hope decide on st;) i need some kind of distraction during those long boring lectures...

pittsburghphil

• wacha lookin' at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2005, 12:09:41 AM »

good info stogz, appreciate the input. i am pretty set on stcl since i was just dinged at mcgeorge; bastards accepted plenty of people with lower stats than mine... oh well... their loss..:) i MUST get out of this damned state anyway.

i believe its about time we show the rest of these people that this is the stcl child board!

good luck likebutta, i'm pullin' for ya. i'm sure it'll happen soon.

zaphod

• worst dressed sentient being in the galaxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2005, 12:48:24 AM »
I got my acceptance from STCL last week.  Likebutta, you'll probably hear from them soon.  Good luck.

They didnít invite me to the admitted studentsí reception, but Iíve been there before.   I liked the place except for the parking hassle.  They seemed to have nice crowd there, and most people seemed nice. 
Don't Panic

LaneSwerver

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2005, 08:47:55 AM »
Still waiting to hear from them here. I think I've pretty much ruled them out, but my whole mindset could change with an acceptance.

likebutta10

• My lil Ellie bean
    • AOL Instant Messenger - likebutta10
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2005, 09:33:13 AM »
Thanks for the kind words gang!

***I really hope I will be joining you this fall at STCL!***

supernga

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2005, 10:19:04 AM »
I will most likely go to DePaul though.  STCL gave me no moola, and NIU is too small.

Yeah, but what is DePaul tuition like?  Is DePaul still cheaper after taking into account that STCL is less than 20k per year?  I know many law schools cost 30k and then give a 7-8k schoolarship.  Just something to consider.

DePaul's tuition is about $27K, but I got a $10K scholarship, so that's still less than STCL, but only by a couple of grand.  STCL a good school if you want to do litigation.  I'm not sure about their other programs.  But cost of living in Houston is fairly cheap.  It had a commuter school feel though.  I guess because it's in downtown Houston, and people don't want to hang out down there after dark.

get any lookers?

Just me...and damn, I'm hot.   ;D  Actually, I was kinda cold wearing a sleeveless dress.  But I thought it would be typical Houston weather, hot and sticky, but instead was cold and drizzly.  Oh well. 

i agree with the first paragraph. and hope decide on st;) i need some kind of distraction during those long boring lectures...

Thanks, Pittsburgh Phil :) 

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2005, 01:29:20 PM »
Thanks for the info Stogz.

I'm still waiting to hear something from them too. I can't believe its MAY and we still haven't got all of our decisions!

Hey, if anyone wants to give up their seat to STCL I'll glady take it! ;D
HUSL 1L

pittsburghphil

• wacha lookin' at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2005, 09:48:42 PM »
Thanks for the info Stogz.

I'm still waiting to hear something from them too. I can't believe its MAY and we still haven't got all of our decisions!

Hey, if anyone wants to give up their seat to STCL I'll glady take it! ;D

just my opinion, but i do NOT think its that late in the process. i was waitlisted at southwestern, and the bastards let me know that they may call me the day before classes and offer me a spot. not that i will still be in la...

the point being that stcl is certain to have last minute drops, and if you do not require a scholarship that should aid your prospects, since a lot of people will drop out only due to cost. stcl also completes their accepts very late possibly to give themselves a more definite roster, in that most people will probably have made up their minds where to attend by this time.

keep your chin up... if they havent waitlisted you so far it may be a good sign.

likebutta10

• My lil Ellie bean
    • AOL Instant Messenger - likebutta10
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2005, 01:04:42 PM »
~C'mon South Texas!! I'm leaving for Las Vegas this weekend and I would like a little closure so I can fully enjoy my week in Sin City. A decision in the next 2 days would really help me out!  8)