Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Spreadsheet  (Read 2590 times)

dta

LSAT Spreadsheet
« on: May 29, 2004, 12:25:37 AM »
Who else keeps an LSAT spreadsheet? I've got a spreadsheet to keep track of all my practice LSAT scores, analyze progress on each of the sections, and perform a deeper analysis on my Logical Reasoning progress.

Anywone else got any fancy LSAT spreadsheets?

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
Re: LSAT Spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 11:43:16 AM »
Never had an LSAT one but I had an admissions tracking one where I noted when I submitted my apps, what else had to be done for the app, as well as statistics about each school, etc.

riceowl

• 3.93; June 14;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 10:49:24 PM »
I keep an LSAT spreadsheet!  I figured that I was the only loser with enough time on my hands to develop a completely arbitrary system of keeping track of my scores.  Unfortunately, the spreadsheet hasn't rendered my scores any more impressive.
155-154-168-159-167-165-164-161(ouch)

dta

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 10:54:34 PM »
I keep an LSAT spreadsheet!  I figured that I was the only loser with enough time on my hands to develop a completely arbitrary system of keeping track of my scores.  Unfortunately, the spreadsheet hasn't rendered my scores any more impressive.

Cool. I keep 3 charts. A score chart that plots my scores. A "Section Progress Chart" that plots the % correct I got right for each of the 3 sections for each test I take. And I keep a "Detailed LR Analysis" chart that plots, for each test, the overall % correct, the % attempted (i usually don't have time to complete the whole section), and my attempted accurracy (the % correct of the ones I actually attempt).

The deeper LR analysis has really been helpful. It has convinced me that it's ok to go faster and decrease my accuracy a bit as long as I get to more problems to attempt in the first place.

riceowl

• 3.93; June 14;
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 11:09:57 PM »
So LR is your weak point?  I tend to do fairly well with the arguments (missing an average of 3-4 per section), but have struggled with the games for months.  I have, however, noticed some improvement (although I still miss 8 per section on average).

Your spreadsheet is much more detailed than mine.  I do keep track of the % correct on each of the sections, but haven't analyzed it to the extent that you have.  I might have to try it...

155-154-168-159-167-165-164-161(ouch)

dta

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2004, 12:25:49 AM »
I used to do especially bad on LR - mainly b/c I was afraid to go faster for fear of sacrificing accuracy. My detailed analysis of the LR section was an effort to convince myself that I could go faster, become less accurate, but get more points b/c I was attempting more. I now typically get 41-45 raw points from the LR section.

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 11:39:41 AM »
I too have kept a spreadsheet since Feb. I keep track of every section I study broken down by time and # of sections. Also have all of my practice score's. I definately has helped my focus on what I need to work on. Although it really just comes down to the games. Damn them.
South Texas College of Law here I come!

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 01:04:41 PM »
Wow... I never thought of that...I only keep track of my practice scores overall, and I keep an eye on the # of questions I miss per section, but no detailed charts or analysis.  Makes me feel a little subpar...

But I will take Marista's idea for an application chart in the fall.  Great idea!

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 10:29:18 AM »
You guys have ruined me;  I spent 4 hours last night setting up an XCell SS with like 15 worksheets.  One thing I'm looking into is the types of RC and LR questions.  Does anyone have a good list enumerating the types of questions?  ie. Main purpose of passage; or Flawed argument.  I made a list of my own, and it seems to be pointing me in a direction of a new plan of attack: where I would put a 2 initial moniker for the question in the margin then know which ones to redirect my focus and any extra time towards.
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 10:30:55 AM »
I made one yesterday.  Thanks for the idea!!