Law School Discussion

Who's going to Boalt in the fall?

Re: Who's going to Boalt in the fall?
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2005, 01:44:03 PM »
Hey all,

I had not seen one created yet, so I went ahead and started a Boalt 2008 Yahoo Group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boalt2008

Hopefully this will help provide useful information to all of us.

I saw a reference to the student's board in an earlier post, but I wasn't sure what that was...

See you in August.

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2005, 02:20:34 PM »
are we ready to facebook each other?

???

Lgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2005, 03:59:19 PM »
What is a facebook? Sorry for the idiotic question, but we don't have them here. Is it like a classlist with photos? A yearbook?

yay for our very own Yahoo group! Thank you for starting one up. Can't wait to join!

I know I'm not going to be in the class of 2008, but I'm excited anyway. I hope to see some of you out there in September, when I'll be in Berkeley for six days. I'll be the one with the very curly hair and the thick British accent!

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2005, 05:14:49 AM »
Oops, sorry Lgirl...

The facebook "is an online directory that connects people through social networks at colleges and universities."  You can put up your photo, personal info, etc. but only can be seen by either people at your own university or people from other universities who you add as "friends."  Oxford is a participating school!!

oxford.thefacebook.com

:D

Lgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2005, 05:28:24 AM »
oops! I'm rather cr*p, aren't I?  ;)

Well, I've registered with my new Berkeley address. But I think I'm going to do an MA here so maybe I should have stuck with the ox.ac.uk address....

I'm not very technologically minded, as you can see!

I think I'll do all my motes by hand and do written, not typed, exams.

Thanks for clarifying it all!

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2005, 11:12:50 AM »
How did you get your Berkeley address already?  ??? ???

Lgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2005, 11:17:32 AM »
I got sent all that stuff about setting up an email address and bears account in order to access my (non existent) financial information. Setting up the address was just a part of what the letter said we had to do! Unless I've hacked into it... nah, having established and proven that I'm no use with technology, I could not have. So check the letter with the password and stuff and see. I'm sure you can set one up too. 

jimmyp

• 3.57/176
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2005, 11:58:23 AM »
I got sent all that stuff about setting up an email address and bears account in order to access my (non existent) financial information. Setting up the address was just a part of what the letter said we had to do! Unless I've hacked into it... nah, having established and proven that I'm no use with technology, I could not have. So check the letter with the password and stuff and see. I'm sure you can set one up too. 

Yeah, they supposedly send some stuff to it.  I shocked the hell out of the gf when I sent her a message from it.  "You _decided_ already?!?"

jimmyp

• 3.57/176
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2005, 11:27:51 AM »

I think Mr. Abrams is too busy crying over the poor performance of the Kings in the playoffs to get around to the scholarships.   Definitely no word from anyone in the office.  Not even a quick email acknowledging that I submitted the thing.  Better silence than rejection i suppose.  I still really prefer Boalt to UVa (growing up in C-ville was great, but going home in my mid twenties might be a bad idea).  Maybe we'll see some action now that some deposit deadlines have passed?

Turns out Abrams quit.  His last day was April 22nd.  Supposedly we will hear sometime next week.

JS

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2005, 12:42:22 PM »
Questions for those who know Berkeley...

I'm making arrangements now to fly out to Berkeley in late July for an apartment hunt.  Is a week enough time to find a place?  And how is parking in Berkeley? Should I rent a car or would it be easier to walk/use public transportation? Finally, are there any hotels that are in good areas and not too pricey?

Thanks for any insights anyone might have!