Law School Discussion

Bears to Be... Waco Here We Come

tacojohn

• "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bears to Be... Waco Here We Come
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2005, 06:24:53 AM »
It's too bad your new basketball team was given the worst penalty by the NCAA since SMU's death penalty.

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2005, 08:19:02 AM »
bear grounds sounds awesome, but not open on sat's and no one bedrooms left. i think i have found some places to look at. my wife is going to be busy with barbri all weekend so i will be up there looking around.

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2005, 10:00:48 AM »
It's too bad your new basketball team was given the worst penalty by the NCAA since SMU's death penalty.

yeah, but we still got the football team!

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2005, 11:58:09 AM »

yeah, but we still got the football team!

It does stink that Baylor would be wrapped up in a scandal like the one with the basketball team, but we've still got lots of other great teams. The baseball team finished 1st in the Big 12, went to the college world series, and should have won it. The men's tennis team finished 1st in the Big 12, and second nationally. Of course, the women's basketball team won it all this year. Then there's our incredible prowess in the track and field arena. I'll bet more olympic running champions come from Baylor than anywhere else (think Michael Johnson and Jeremy Warner). I just read that a Baylor runner won the national 400-Meter title. So, we've still got sports to watch. Why is a non-Bear posting on our board anyway (not that I care...just curious)?

Housing Questions
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2005, 06:21:34 PM »
For those of you that are still looking into housing and such, this might be helpful...  I was asking one of my friends from high school (who started at Baylor Law in Spring '04) about the apartments in Waco, and he made this post in his blog:

http://sothebearsays.blogspot.com/2005/05/quality-of-life.html

The post itself is quite helpful on its own, but if you take a look at the comments people left, they've got some good information on the different complexes, too.  Based on his recommendations and the comments that were made, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be at Pecan Ridge in August.  The drive to Baylor is a bit longer than most -- about 10-15 minutes, depending on when they clear up the construction on MLK -- but it's in a safe neighborhood, it's quieter than some of the complexes closer to campus (which will be important come finals time, I imagine), and it's pretty nice.  But I know that a lot of people will appreciate those extra ten minutes of sleep in the morning, so. :)

--Jerry

P.S. For those of you knocking Baylor athletics?  I'm one of the lucky few for whom this will actually be an improvement, since I'm coming from SMU.  Looking forward to that.  ;)

« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2005, 12:26:01 PM »
Is everyone planning on buying the Baylor health insurance? Any idea when we can enroll in that? The insurance company's website only lists the '04-'05 plan.

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2005, 01:28:35 PM »
Is everyone planning on buying the Baylor health insurance? Any idea when we can enroll in that? The insurance company's website only lists the '04-'05 plan.

no, i plan on keeping my own

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2005, 01:33:51 PM »
How so? Do you have it through work or what? I would love to keep my insurance here at Dell, but I'm quitting to go to school. If there are better insurance options out there, I'd love to hear about them.

ellie

• The ever judicious Judge Baylor
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2005, 06:56:53 AM »
I'm young enough that I can still get it through my Dad's insurance since I'll be a student, but I'll have to find something for my last year too because I'll be over the age limit by then.

There is a thread on insurance around here somewhere.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,33525.msg530145.html#msg530145

There's one.  There might be more.  I would just search it.  Also take a look at this article from US News a few years ago.

http://education.yahoo.com/college/essentials/articles/grad/grad_fineprint.html

CT

• Enter Baylor law fall '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2005, 07:34:34 AM »
Speaking of insurance, does anyone know where to get renter's insurance in Waco?  I've heard that it is pretty cheap, and definitely a good idea in case your apartment has a fire or gets robbed.