Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bears to Be... Waco Here We Come  (Read 14771 times)

CT

• Enter Baylor law fall '05
    • View Profile
Re: Bears to Be... Waco Here We Come
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2005, 01:49:24 PM »
Hey everyone.  I just got my Baylor law t-shirt in the mail last week.  It's an XL so I stuck it in the dryer for 2 hours trying to make it shrink...it didn't.  This is the only time where major shrinkage would be a good thing  :-\
"Back to school, back to school, to prove to dad that I'm not a fool.  Got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight, hope I don't get in a fight.  Oh, back to school, back to school"

c00lbeans

• Sr. Citizen
  • I come from the crazy world of Architecture
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2005, 04:39:36 PM »
Yeah, the website seems to be created by a resident, and it is pretty quirky..^^ I'm moving up there on August 1st. There is info on Baylor law website about maybe getting together before the school starts. Anyone interested should check it out :)
Baylor Fall 2005

howarddavis

• View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2005, 05:21:32 PM »
Interesting board my friends... I am looking for a place as well, moving up there as late as possible in august, probably not until the 15th or later. I want close and cheap as hell, I will only be there Mon-Thurs and the rest of the time in Austin. Any suggestions
"one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer"
now that is a study break
http://howied.ebloggy.com

jeffgdula

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - jeffgdula@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • View Profile
    • JeffGdula.com
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2005, 06:39:46 PM »
Interesting board my friends... I am looking for a place as well, moving up there as late as possible in august, probably not until the 15th or later. I want close and cheap as hell, I will only be there Mon-Thurs and the rest of the time in Austin. Any suggestions

hey howard!  This is jeff from your table at Iron Cactus.  Somebody on here probably has a good reccomendation of a close palce to live.  There are pics on here of my place but it is prob 4 or 5 miles from campus.

CT

• Enter Baylor law fall '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2005, 11:13:10 PM »

Howard, there are three apartment complexes that I've visited in person and would definitely recommend.  First is Waco Park, which is only about two minutes from campus.  Rent is reasonable and the apartments are nice.  Only drawback is that there are a lot of undergrads living there.  Second is Brazos Park located on Martin Luther King Blvd, about 7 minutes from campus.  There are a bunch of law students living there and the rent is pretty cheap.  Third is Pecan Ridge, from what I understand there are several law students living there.  Plus the pools and study rooms look nice.  Only drawback there is that it is about 15 minutes from campus, but if you don't mind the drive then it would be a good place to live.  Hope this helps.
"Back to school, back to school, to prove to dad that I'm not a fool.  Got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight, hope I don't get in a fight.  Oh, back to school, back to school"

gavinlarson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2005, 09:08:53 AM »
No wonder the message board on the Baylor website is so dead! I had no idea this was here. I'll be starting in the Fall (I met some of you at the Austin thing on the 8th), and my wife and I just put a deposit down at the Riviera apartments. They're about as far from campus as you can get, but they are brand new (ours is still being built) and really nice. Best of all, they are cheap. We have a 2yr-old and a baby on the way, so we needed at least two bedrooms, and we were able to find an apartment there for $765/month. Every other place that we looked was either beyond our student budget (my wife doesn't work), or old and smelly. So anyway...just thought I'd throw in my two cents. Oh, and we're moving up on the 13th of August.

gavinlarson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2005, 11:19:22 AM »
So I was just surfing the web, and came across this site:

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/TX-Waco.html

They don't have some of the newer complexes, but they've got reviews of most others.

howarddavis

• View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2005, 04:18:59 PM »
thanks for the advice. i am going up to waco either sat. or next tues. and will just have to look around for cheap places that dont completely scare the crap out of me. wish me luck!
"one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer"
now that is a study break
http://howied.ebloggy.com

moynkr

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2005, 02:48:15 PM »

The Bear Grounds II (right next to The Place and shares a leasing office) is MEGA CHEAP - and they offer free internet.  I looked at it yesterday and am not going to end up renting there but I have talked to a current girl who lives there and has no complaints.  Its a little shabby but you cant beat the price (like $325 for a one bedroom) especially if you only plan on living there 4 days a week. 

River Crest is also pretty cheap and close to campus - and definitly a lot nicer w/ a pool, ect. 
Attending Baylor in Spring 2006

Wake Forest Grad

Currently bartending in San Antonio

moynkr

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2005, 02:50:10 PM »
Hey everyone.  I just got my Baylor law t-shirt in the mail last week.  It's an XL so I stuck it in the dryer for 2 hours trying to make it shrink...it didn't.  This is the only time where major shrinkage would be a good thing  :-\

Hey, whats up with the free tshirt?  Baylor is sending me absolutly no love - not even XL pre-shrunk love.  :'(
Attending Baylor in Spring 2006

Wake Forest Grad

Currently bartending in San Antonio