Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bears to Be... Waco Here We Come  (Read 15154 times)

ellie

• Sr. Citizen
  • The ever judicious Judge Baylor
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ellie3113
    • View Profile
Re: Bears to Be... Waco Here We Come
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2005, 04:42:53 PM »
I think the experience we'll get at Baylor is going to be unlike the experience you could get anywhere else -- both in good and bad ways.  We'll be challenged beyond belief, but while the other clerks at our summer jobs are in over their heads, we'll totally know what we're doing (kind of... well more than them at least).  Dean Toben will know our names.  Our profs will kick us out of class, but they'll be available afterwards to help us. 

Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things.

Baylor Bound, Fall '05

Trinitygunner

• Sr. Citizen
  • That's my baby picture?
    • MSN Messenger - kennfukuda@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Trinitygunner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2005, 02:03:47 PM »
i got this big envelope from baylor law today...

i thought it was money or a scholarship....

but no....it's just some evaluation form. grr.
final product...pending approval: 94 pages

c00lbeans

• Sr. Citizen
  • I come from the crazy world of Architecture
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2005, 03:06:13 PM »
UMHBmom, thanks for the warning. I guess it's better to be prepared by knowing what you're geting into than not...
and I WILL take that ice cream money... ;D

Well, when I visited Baylor, I sort of got a vibe from the studnets that while they liked Baylor Law School, they wre just miserable because they were in the middle of of the "law school" experience. It just reminded me of one of my studio. Man, the professor made us work!! While EVERYONE in it were miserable and hated the professor, I think we all agreed couple years later that this tudio was the best studio we ever had. While I didn't think I had the potential in me, the prof's difficult curriculums sort of got me there. Anyways, I'll stop the rambling:) This is my take on the issue.
Baylor Fall 2005

---------

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2005, 07:06:43 PM »
I just got into Baylor today. I'm fairly  certain I won't attend,but a nice fin. aid package might change my mind. Argh! I was all set to attend FSU too.

moynkr

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2005, 10:12:44 PM »
so its been awhile since anyone has posted any thing on this thread but I was wondering if anyone is attending this mixer thing on Wed June 8th in Austin for future and current Baylor students. 

Also, any more housing advice from anyone?  I have looked at the LL Sams Lofts and they are beautiful but pricey... most of the other places around campus either dont offer one bedroom, are filled with undergrads, or make my skin crawl.  Any widom would be greatly appreciated!
Attending Baylor in Spring 2006

Wake Forest Grad

Currently bartending in San Antonio

jeffgdula

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - jeffgdula@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • View Profile
    • JeffGdula.com
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2005, 10:24:28 PM »
so its been awhile since anyone has posted any thing on this thread but I was wondering if anyone is attending this mixer thing on Wed June 8th in Austin for future and current Baylor students. 

Also, any more housing advice from anyone?  I have looked at the LL Sams Lofts and they are beautiful but pricey... most of the other places around campus either dont offer one bedroom, are filled with undergrads, or make my skin crawl.  Any widom would be greatly appreciated!

I plan on going.  I found an awesome place and will be looking for a roommate.  We could chat then if you are interested.

moynkr

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2005, 10:59:22 PM »

I plan on going.  I found an awesome place and will be looking for a roommate.  We could chat then if you are interested.

I am definitly interested in hearing your thoughts on apts - As I said, I looked at LL Sams and loved it except for the price but will probably end up there if nothing else surfaces.  Also liked the looks of (but didnt tour the inside) Allen Place, River Crest, and Ivy Place. - As for your roommate search, I would be interested but  have decided to come in the Spring and I see that you will be starting in the Fall so I guess that doesnt help much!

Wake Forest Grad

jeffgdula

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - jeffgdula@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • View Profile
    • JeffGdula.com
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2005, 11:08:59 PM »

I am definitly interested in hearing your thoughts on apts - As I said, I looked at LL Sams and loved it except for the price but will probably end up there if nothing else surfaces.  Also liked the looks of (but didnt tour the inside) Allen Place, River Crest, and Ivy Place. - As for your roommate search, I would be interested but  have decided to come in the Spring and I see that you will be starting in the Fall so I guess that doesnt help much!

That actually would not be a problem.  I have no prob paying for a 2 bedroom for 6 months until you get there.  This place is beautiful and big.

ellie

• Sr. Citizen
  • The ever judicious Judge Baylor
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ellie3113
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2005, 12:21:22 AM »
I'll be there on the 8th.  I would not suggest LLSams.  Everyone I've ever known that has lived there has regretted it.  It's super loud, ridiculous electricity bills, and very dusty.  I hate to say that too, because I really love the look of them and the idea that they saved that wonderful building and its history!  I went to Baylor undergrad so I'm pretty familiar w/ housing and can pass on what little knowledge I have at the mixer.
Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things.

Baylor Bound, Fall '05

moynkr

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2005, 12:36:25 AM »
I'll be there on the 8th.  I would not suggest LLSams.  Everyone I've ever known that has lived there has regretted it.  It's super loud, ridiculous electricity bills, and very dusty.  I hate to say that too, because I really love the look of them and the idea that they saved that wonderful building and its history!  I went to Baylor undergrad so I'm pretty familiar w/ housing and can pass on what little knowledge I have at the mixer.

Excellent - looking forward to chatting with you on the 8th!  Sad about the lofts but I kinda have gotten that feeling from some friends who also went to Baylor as undergrads - they are just so damn pretty though!  Oh well, not living there will save tons of cash.  Where are you looking into living? 

Wake Forest Grad