Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bears to Be... Waco Here We Come  (Read 14804 times)

c00lbeans

• Sr. Citizen
  • I come from the crazy world of Architecture
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bears to Be... Waco Here We Come
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2005, 04:31:20 PM »
I'm sure we'll be fine at Baylor.... Baylor may have more difficult curriculums, and it may be true that UT folks have it easier ;), but it's not like we're gonna find out/have chance to compare and contrast anyways. We'll be fine <-- more of a self assurance than anything. ;D
Baylor Fall 2005

UMHBmom

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2005, 04:50:34 PM »
<UMHBmom laughs wickedly in the background and refuses to say anything further>

c00lbeans

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2005, 01:46:33 PM »
<UMHBmom laughs wickedly in the background and refuses to say anything further>

hmm..... suddenly, I see terribly dark clouds looming on ahead....

UMHBmom, ...... am I going to die?  :(
Baylor Fall 2005

UMHBmom

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2005, 03:50:52 PM »
Nah... that would be way too merciful for you.

<cackles madly>

c00lbeans

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2005, 04:18:10 PM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH <runs outside>
Baylor Fall 2005

ellie

• Sr. Citizen
  • The ever judicious Judge Baylor
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ellie3113
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2005, 04:22:22 PM »
stop all this nonsense!  UMHBmom, you're like the evil older sister who taunts the small children.  Let us have our peace until August until we can find out for ourselves.
Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things.

Baylor Bound, Fall '05

UMHBmom

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2005, 05:30:04 PM »
Oh, the innocence! Makes me want to pat you on the head and give you money for the ice cream truck!  ;D Hey, I had an "older sister" who lied to me up until I had fully matriculated, then just laughed evilly every time she passed me. I'm just trying to be more honest.  ;)

Seriously, I'm not trying to scare you. I still love Baylor. It's just exam week and it's a living hell.... which is true in any law school, but we get to do it more often (9 times to their 6) and we have less time to master stuff (10 1/2 weeks to their 14) and we don't get to bring anything other than the clothes on our backs and a pencil (while almost every other school has open-book exams... and don't let them lie to you about how it evens out because expectations are lower on closed-book exams because you don't have to cite the rule verbatim. After your first quarter with Prof Contracts, tell me what you think about that!). If you work hard, if you NEVER let your eye off the ball, you'll be fine. But be prepared to work harder than you ever have in your life. I completed my undergrad degree in 2 1/2 years (22-hours per semester, on average), had a fulltime job, and raised three kids... and this is waaaaaaaaaaaay tougher! Alright.... back to the Rule Against Perpetuities! ARGH!

serendipity

• AOL Instant Messenger - bebegirly22222
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2005, 08:45:59 PM »
Hey all! Sorry if this was already covered somewhere else, but does anyone know how the curve works at Baylor?

UMHBmom

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2005, 09:40:25 PM »
Crow- you promised you wouldn't tell! Just for that.... NO ICE CREAM FOR YOU! Could you hear my Soup Nazi accent?

How does the curve work? Well, it works kind of like a birch sapling. You bend that sucker so that it curves to the ground, you turn around, and you let it KICK YOUR ASS.

Did that help?  ;D

GatorLCA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2005, 04:29:51 PM »
Hey all. I'm new to this thread. I was originally accepted for the spring, but recently got into the fall as well. And, now I am stuck. I need some encouraging words from people about Baylor. I visited the school in March, and liked it; but the way people talk about it leaves me wondering how I'll actually like it. When I went on my tour, the girl told me with a very straight face that while she liked it, most people hate it. Is this true for most?  I'm uncertain of where to go, and things are only complicated by the fact that my girlfriend isn't in a school anywhere near there. Advice?