Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bears to Be... Waco Here We Come  (Read 15125 times)

ellie

• Sr. Citizen
  • The ever judicious Judge Baylor
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ellie3113
    • View Profile
Re: Bears to Be... Waco Here We Come
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 09:38:03 AM »
Thanks for all the info!!  Good luck on contracts!
Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things.

Baylor Bound, Fall '05

c00lbeans

• Sr. Citizen
  • I come from the crazy world of Architecture
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 02:20:29 PM »
UMHBmom, thanks for the information! You're awesome:)
Ace that contract exam! ;D
Baylor Fall 2005

moynkr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 05:12:08 PM »
Hey All!

I will be coming to Waco in the Feb for Spring quarter. Just thought I'd throw my hat in the ring!
Attending Baylor in Spring 2006

Wake Forest Grad

Currently bartending in San Antonio

ellie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 06:17:45 PM »
Hey Moynkr!  Apparently we're a quiet bunch going to Baylor because our thread has died down pretty much.  Where are you from?
Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things.

Baylor Bound, Fall '05

moynkr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 08:04:23 PM »
Hey!  I am from Austin but have been up here in North Carolina attending Wake Forest for the past 4 years.  I am graduating in May and then moving to San Antonio with my best friend who will be starting med school there in August.  So I will be waitressing or something else mindless for 6 months before starting Baylor in Feb.  What about you?
Attending Baylor in Spring 2006

Wake Forest Grad

Currently bartending in San Antonio

UMHBmom

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2005, 09:36:23 PM »
merollins-
    Cordon is teaching LARC II,  not LARC I. I'm not sure who the LARC I prof is, but Cordon never teaches LARC I. That's usually the training ground for the new profs, so you may have Ryan twice, or you'll have Bates. LARC is too paper-heavy for any one professor to handle more than one class. And Serr is teaching CrimLaw. Also, I stand corrected on the class ranking thing. Turns out that there is only one curve per class. I do NOT envy you summer starters! You'll have a leg up on the fall starters, though, because they'll be sharing property and contracts.

Well, CivPro was 4 hours of hell today, and I am now tipsy... well on my way to drunk. God, this sucks. The thing I hate about Baylor: closed-book exams every 10 1/2 weeks. There are easier ways to get law degrees.

Who'sCrow... are you set on UT yet?

UMHBmom

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2005, 10:27:43 PM »
Nah, I'm bummed because I've already had THREE coolers and I barely have a buzz.   :'(

It's been rough. One chick left the room crying today. She came back ten minutes, alter and I give her kudos for that. If I'd left in that condition, I doubt I would have come back! There is no good reason to make these things closed-book. You spend so much of your time trying to do something as silly as MEMORIZE the black letter, and the second you forget something like... oh.... the SECOND element of summary judgment, you're just screwed.

Don't listen to me. I'm just bitter this week.  :-X

ellie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2005, 12:15:33 PM »
Ellie, your not starting in the summer, so I don't think you will miss out on the teacher you love.

Yeah I reread the thread and realized that was probably the case.  I think she's just taking the summer off.
Nah, I'm bummed because I've already had THREE coolers and I barely have a buzz. :'(

It's been rough. One chick left the room crying today. She came back ten minutes, alter and I give her kudos for that. If I'd left in that condition, I doubt I would have come back! There is no good reason to make these things closed-book. You spend so much of your time trying to do something as silly as MEMORIZE the black letter, and the second you forget something like... oh.... the SECOND element of summary judgment, you're just screwed.

Don't listen to me. I'm just bitter this week. :-X

Please remind me why I'm going.... Please remind me I love it... Please tell me not to beg UT to let me back in!

Hey! I am from Austin but have been up here in North Carolina attending Wake Forest for the past 4 years. I am graduating in May and then moving to San Antonio with my best friend who will be starting med school there in August. So I will be waitressing or something else mindless for 6 months before starting Baylor in Feb. What about you?

I'm from Houston originally, went to Baylor undergrad, live in Austin right now working at the Capitol, starting back at Baylor in the fall.  It's nice to get a break before you start so you don't get burned out.  That's a smart move!

Baylor Bound, Fall '05

ellie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2005, 02:46:28 PM »
Oh that's right.  I remember now.  I want to do some hard work I can be proud of.  Thanks!! ;)

Baylor Bound, Fall '05

smuorbust

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2005, 04:11:04 PM »
SMU, baby!!! ;D
"I don't mind bullets and I don't mind bombs...I don't want $ and I don't want fame...what I do want, Danny, is for you to stand there in that
_____ white uniform and with that Harvard mouth, extend me some _____ courtesy"  -- Jack