Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NU - Lets talk about it.  (Read 2052 times)

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: NU - Lets talk about it.
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2005, 04:27:22 PM »
Finally got my email about scholarship money about 5 minutes ago......apparently they are overextended this year and can only offer me money for my 2nd and 3rd year, which while odd, is still better than nothing I guess....although if you have to reapply for aid every year, how can I be assured I really will get the money next year?

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2005, 04:39:08 PM »
I have no idea.  I also got money at UVA and there COL is a lot lower so I'm not sure how this all adds up so to speak.  Honestly I think I might just set up a dart board and go where it lands.

nusuagdo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2005, 05:59:52 PM »
I'm also hoping to bring my boyfriend, but he probably wont be able to join me until next year.. and even that is if-y.
Even though NU was definitely one of my top choices, money was the deciding factor. It's cheaper for me to go to NU than it is to go to UM... go figure.
Attending: Northwestern
Accepted: UPenn, Georgetown, UMiami
Wait Listed: Columbia, NYU
Rejected: Notre Dame, Harvard

melissamw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2005, 08:12:01 PM »
Pigtails- from my understanding, if they offer you any aid/scholarship it is guaranteed.For example, I was given 45k across three years, but I actually had to determine how i wanted it broken apart, 15 each year.  I would imagine that if they said you would have xx amount of money for 2L and 3L, it is guaranteed.

I am married and will be moving with my husband- he'll be getting an MPA at Depaul.  We're planning to live in the streeterville area for at least the first year, then we will reevaluate after that.

lsatposter

• Sr. Citizen
  • Northwestern '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2005, 08:37:19 PM »
Did you guys apply for merit scholarships or was it just offerred. Should I have applied for scholarships>? How stupid am I?
Attending: Northwestern School of Law

nusuagdo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 10:49:29 PM »
Did you guys apply for merit scholarships or was it just offerred. Should I have applied for scholarships>? How stupid am I?
I sent in the generall financial aid application. A month later, I got an e-mail with my scholarship info. I didn't apply for anything specifically.
Attending: Northwestern
Accepted: UPenn, Georgetown, UMiami
Wait Listed: Columbia, NYU
Rejected: Notre Dame, Harvard

melissamw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2005, 11:36:54 AM »
ditto about filling out the finaid form and then getting the scholarship!

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2005, 12:58:58 PM »
Yeah they just tried to offer me a scholarship for the next 2 years to try to keep me since they can't offer me anything this year.  I was fairly surprised by it, my numbers aren't like fabu or anything.

lsatposter

• Sr. Citizen
  • Northwestern '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2005, 01:08:34 PM »
Yeah they just tried to offer me a scholarship for the next 2 years to try to keep me since they can't offer me anything this year.  I was fairly surprised by it, my numbers aren't like fabu or anything.

So have you decided on NU or are you still vacillating? If I remember correctly you were still thinking about UVA right?
Attending: Northwestern School of Law

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2005, 01:54:42 PM »
Yeah I'm still on the fence.  This weekend is DECISION weekend.  Ack!