Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UCLA...just call!  (Read 1647 times)

JulesSF

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
UCLA...just call!
« on: April 20, 2005, 02:44:22 PM »
Normally, I'm not one to call, but I was somewhat inspired by the fact that I received my neighbors People Maganzine in my mail, and needless to say, I got paranoid...

So I called UCLA admissions and they said that a decision was mailed late last week and that I was not admitted...

HTH
166 / 3.5
He loves me: ATTENDING: GWU $$ (obvi)
He loves me not: NU, GULC, UVA, UCLA
He decides not to decide: U Mich (WL)
Preemptive dump: BC, UC Hastings, USC

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UCLA...just call!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 02:56:31 PM »
Exact same story over here. Except it was two weeks ago and they told me I was waitlisted.

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 03:40:33 PM »
Normally, I'm not one to call, but I was somewhat inspired by the fact that I received my neighbors People Maganzine in my mail, and needless to say, I got paranoid...

So I called UCLA admissions and they said that a decision was mailed late last week and that I was not admitted...

HTH

Sorry to hear this. 

JulesSF

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 04:03:08 PM »

HTH

Sorry to hear this.

Yeah so was I, literally, I didn't think I'd get the decision over the phone, and it was surprisingly harder than I expected to hear someone tell me that I wasn't admitted...
166 / 3.5

Who's Crowdaddy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fuc% Y'all, I'm From Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 04:07:18 PM »
Sorry about that.

I have tried this technique a few times. I only learn that I am still in committee, as I have been since October. Apparently, my file is the most interesting ever and they refuse to end the review and make a decision. They find a new pithy detail each time, which just sends it back into review for more fun. I am pretty sure every faculty member, their children, and their pets have reviewed or eaten my application. I am assuming I will already be a 3L when the final word comes.

Actually, last time they told me I would hear by the end of the month.
I fought the Law and the Law won

I am the Law

acetheg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 04:34:45 PM »
the office of admissions is not picking up their phone

soma

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 05:26:07 PM »
No sh*t they aren't. I've been calling every day. They DID pick up a couple weeks ago when I called casually, and told me no decision had been made yet... since then, somehow I've become like a rat in a Skinner box, compulsively calling. I even put their number in my cell's phone book (not speed-dial though, I'm not *that* desperate!).

And now you wanna hear something funny? I actually had a nightmare this morning that I woke up, checked my e-mail, and found an e-mail from UCLA saying I'd been rejected because I annoyed them so much by calling them every day! Worst. Nightmare. Evar.

I'm almost certainly going to UW anyway, but this is the last school I have yet to hear from and the only T20 that hasn't rejected me yet, so I *really* want to know if I'm in  ;D
3.89/163
Hot: University of Washington, UC-Davis, Santa Clara, University of British Columbia
Cold: Stanford, Berkeley
Lukewarm: UCLA

JulesSF

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 05:46:04 PM »
soma, that's classic! But I think if law schools started rejecting people for being annoying, everyone on LSD would be hanging out in the denials board...we are an obsessive (read: annoying) lot.

I think UCLA is on to us! ;) What are the chances that the first time I call them, I get through and get my decision? I now feel bad for advertising this fact, but not THAT bad, I did get rejected today and I feel badly enough about that...
166 / 3.5

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 06:21:57 PM »
don't feel bad about telling people how you got rejected! You were trying to do something selfless in a time of hurt, that's an admirable thing to do. Hearing about the waitlist was hard enough for me, I really thought that UCLA would be an acceptance (then again, I unrealistically thought the same thing for almost every school that I applied to save for a few) and when you really look at my file, in all actuality I have only been accepted to 3 of the 19 schools that I applied to!!
Waitlists hurt, and I am the waitlist king.

James Neutron

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 09:46:51 PM »
sorry about UCLA.  good luck at GW, i'm sure you'll have a blast!