Law School Discussion

USC over Duke/GULC (I need advice)

king

• View Profile
Re: USC over Duke/GULC (I need advice)
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 08:20:42 PM »
30K a year or over three years from Duke/USC?

I was deciding between some of the same schools..I visited all 3, and ruled out Duke right away even though they offered me 30K, mostly because of location (Durham is awful if you've lived in Chicago all your life!) and - like you said - the homogenous student body.  I did love the professors at Duke, but students definitely seemed nerdier at Duke compared to both GULC and USC, even though they're probably all pretty equally intelligent. USC seemed nice (the campus is beautiful) and people were pretty cool..def. the place to go if you like the smaller class sizes, b/c you know GULC's are out of control!!  Got 30K from them too, but decided on GULC (w/ zero $!!) oh well..
Good luck w/ the decision.

Sones83

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2005, 12:03:01 AM »
both schools over 3 years

srbin84

• Vote Neifi for All-Star
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2005, 11:44:22 AM »
If you are talking about Wash-StL in regards to your boyfriend, then I think you should go to Duke or GULC, and it is a very easy decision IMO.  You will be going to a T14 and Wash-StL is a better school than USD.  Personally, I think it is a bad move for you guys to tie your decisions together because if/when you break up, either one of you could suffer for this decision for the rest of your lives.  I say this more for him than for you because he will be tied down in whatever region he goes to school, and if you go to USC, you will kind of be limited in range as well.  Nevetheless, the relationship aside, I think WashStL and Duke/GULC is the way to go.

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2005, 02:33:59 PM »
both schools over 3 years

Hey Sones83, where you at the March 31/April 1 GULC admitted students day? Did you attend Loyola Chicago for undergrad and attend the weekend w/ your mother? I think I met you, but I'm not sure.

Sones83

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2005, 11:08:37 PM »
yep, that was me  ;) ...who are you??