Law School Discussion

Waitlist movement - post here!

Nizzy

Re: Waitlist movement - post here!
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2005, 03:52:40 PM »
Got Dean Cornblatt's not so subtle e-mail acceptance on 4/26 from GULC.  I was admitted for 2006 and put on the preferred waitlist back in march.  I pretty much just responded to their waitlist offer by telling them to consider me and saying i would like to go.  Sent an e-mail checking in recently, but I never sent them anything new in terms of letters (recommendations or begging  :) ).  Go Hoyas!  Hoyas are gonna infest your garden! (scary scary mascot there....)

midjeep

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2005, 04:11:32 PM »
i've heard that they will leave a message, don't worry, i'm still in awe, good luck everybody, it can happen

Congrats Lex, thats awesome! You didn't want to live in Lexington now do you LOL. Kidding of course. Glad it worked out for ya, I still need to visit the campus but work is getting chaotic. And of course they are now scheduling exams now  ::). Oh well, live it for me...I'll just live vicariously through you on this WL! ;D

VinnyMyCousin

• Say you'll do the job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2005, 09:28:21 PM »
Boston University!!!

lex19

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2005, 06:43:33 AM »
midjeep, thanks and you gotta get down there, i'm sure that's what put me over, and although its finals time you can still get an appointment with Hilton Howe or Nichols.... lexington isn't too hot, the cost of living is, so i'll get over it....

also a week ago yesterday i was placed on albany's WL and yesterday they sent me an acceptance letter, anybody else find this weird?? they were dated 4 days apart....

and i'll be withdrawing from loyola (chicago), indiana BL, st.johns, and howard's WLs today....good luck everyone!!!

« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2005, 09:43:44 AM »
I congratulate those of you who have managed it, but does anyone else find it strange that W&L is giving out big bucks to at least a few people off the waiting list this early in the game?

Do you think this fact is normal for them, or might it be a sign of widespread trouble getting seat deposits this year--W&M accepting several people off their waiting list nearly two weeks before the seat deposit is due also strikes me as odd (at least at schools near W&L/W&M in rank)?

Obviously, it's too early to say with certainty that there is something weird going on, but speculation is fine by me.

It may just be me - but I CANNOT stand seeing that man's face. 

davisxa

• Sue first; ask question later.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2005, 12:03:02 PM »
Found out yesterday that I'm off the U. Penn waitlist... I'm shocked! I didn't honestly expect to get off it, so when I replied to their waitlist email, I sent a pretty cheesy email back about how they should pick me. I actually bullet-pointed my strengths. I dunno, maybe that helped?

« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2005, 03:18:30 AM »
I've been accepted off Pitt's waitlist!!! There was a message on my machine last night. I would really like to go...if I can afford it.

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2005, 05:30:18 AM »
Congrats violet5!

FYI: There was some more Penn WL movement yesterday on LSN...I'm a Penn WL stalker   8)

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2005, 08:57:23 AM »
FYI, Georgetown notified me via email about a few spots that had opened up in the last week and whether I'd accept (I was on their priority wait list).  I declined since I already committed to UCLA.

« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2005, 01:21:13 PM »
Waitlisted at 4 schools: Catholic, New England, Suffolk, and Stetson. No word yet.