Law School Discussion

Waitlist movement - post here!

Re: Waitlist movement - post here!
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2005, 09:03:49 AM »
Good question..I still feel guilty about that one. If you really want to know I can message you the explanation, but it pretty much boils down to personal factors.

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2005, 10:04:29 AM »
Accepted at Wash & Lee with 11,500 a year (with the 3.0 stipulation)...I did nothing whatsoever to follow up the waitlist, which I got a few weeks ago.

BraveheartDC

• Go Tribe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2005, 10:45:55 AM »
I congratulate those of you who have managed it, but does anyone else find it strange that W&L is giving out big bucks to at least a few people off the waiting list this early in the game?

Do you think this fact is normal for them, or might it be a sign of widespread trouble getting seat deposits this year--W&M accepting several people off their waiting list nearly two weeks before the seat deposit is due also strikes me as odd (at least at schools near W&L/W&M in rank)?

Obviously, it's too early to say with certainty that there is something weird going on, but speculation is fine by me.

bobo21

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2005, 10:56:58 AM »
I congratulate those of you who have managed it, but does anyone else find it strange that W&L is giving out big bucks to at least a few people off the waiting list this early in the game?

Do you think this fact is normal for them, or might it be a sign of widespread trouble getting seat deposits this year--W&M accepting several people off their waiting list nearly two weeks before the seat deposit is due also strikes me as odd (at least at schools near W&L/W&M in rank)?

Obviously, it's too early to say with certainty that there is something weird going on, but speculation is fine by me.

I think they are trying to fine tune their class by picking select people off the waitlist.  I also wonder if sending out all those fee waivers is coming back to bite them in the ass since so many of the original acceptees seem to not be taking them up on their acceptance offers.  I hope my number comes up soon though, I would go in a heartbeat.

lex19

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2005, 11:35:22 AM »
i visited campus this past week and was told that they had begun pulling from the WL (I wanted to tell them, dah i already know that...LSD) but i didn't show my a$$, from those that have posted on LSD about their offers off the WL it seems as if they are taking higher LSAT scores to improve their numbers, whatever it is, i wanna be next.....the wait coninues....

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2005, 02:14:28 PM »
Yea, I find the nice amounts of money thing a bit odd (odd in a good way though)...but my guess is that they were a bit conservative with regular decision offers (from what I was told when I called to check on my application status in March, they said that they received a lot more applications than they were expecting)  and are trying to buy a complete class (given their small class size)...I thought I was going to get in regular, but I'm still pleased at the offer and will probably be going there bar a UVA acceptance or a similar offer from GW or Vandy (I doubt any of the three scenarios will happen).

davisxa

• Sue first; ask question later.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2005, 03:38:46 PM »
Accepted from the GULC preferred waitlist... 3 minutes ago. I sent a cover letter along with my waitlist reply form that talked about how much I loved GULC. They sent me an email last friday asking me to reconfirm interest, then a few minutes ago I got an email from Andy Cornblatt that "I wouldn't be disapointed when I checked my mail." I have until May 9th to decide.

midjeep

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2005, 03:58:22 PM »
Accepted from the GULC preferred waitlist... 3 minutes ago. I sent a cover letter along with my waitlist reply form that talked about how much I loved GULC. They sent me an email last friday asking me to reconfirm interest, then a few minutes ago I got an email from Andy Cornblatt that "I wouldn't be disapointed when I checked my mail." I have until May 9th to decide.

Congrats! I noticed that Andy likes to give these subtle hints about acceptances via email.

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2005, 07:12:48 PM »
Accepted off the George Mason waiting list today by phone call from the dean

kristay

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2005, 11:24:13 PM »
In at Notre Dame today!  ;D