Law School Discussion

Waitlist movement - post here!

kristay

Re: Waitlist movement - post here!
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2005, 12:01:07 AM »
i'd still love to do a bay area get together before i go if anyone else is into it.

Yes, yes, yes!  Bump the SF happy hour thread! :)

Ambs

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2005, 03:37:14 AM »
Beeline - I defintely would love to do a bay area get-together before you go. I really apprecite the support and I also was hoping to meet you at the last gathering. Name a time that works for you - as I will be here all summer!

I think Minnesota will be good, and the bay area will be anxioulsy awaiting your return!

« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2005, 01:24:25 PM »
In off UCLA waitlist on 6/17 as well.  I will most likely be attending.  Now it's just a matter of figuring out LA neighborhoods and where I want to (can afford to) live.

bruin

• View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2005, 06:09:23 PM »
It was listed as $15,615 on the ABA website and I heard it had gone up, does anyone know?

Judging by the other UC Law schools, it should be around $25,000 this year.

bruin

• View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2005, 06:10:28 PM »
And Congrats on Hastings Ambs.

Re: NU vs. UCLA
« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2005, 01:19:51 PM »

Sorry it took me a while to respond to this. This was a tough decision for me, since I visited NU and loved it. In the end, I really wanted to stay in LA (I live near UCLA now) and the fact the price tag is $40K less over three years doesn't hurt. Plus, to be honest all of the input I got on NU wasn't great -- might have been harder if it were Penn or Columbia. Still, I think the bottom line is that they're all great schools. Also, I was admitted to the joint JD/MBA program at UCLA -- not sure if I'll do it but I like the option.

walty

« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2005, 02:36:20 PM »
I've been admitted from the waitlist at:

Virginia ~5/1
Georgetown ~5/15
UCLA -Yesterday

I'm leaning toward Virginia right now. I'm really eager to see if Columbia, Chicago or NYU come through.

« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2005, 04:58:40 PM »
Got a call from UC Davis.  They didn't mention $, but I'm guessing there's none left for a grant.  Since I live in Davis right now, my husband's looking for a CA job, and my studio's here it's really tempting, but I think I'm going to stick to W+M.  Am I crazy in thinking W+M name will travel better initially? ???

« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2005, 09:26:46 PM »
Got a call from UC Davis.  They didn't mention $, but I'm guessing there's none left for a grant.  Since I live in Davis right now, my husband's looking for a CA job, and my studio's here it's really tempting, but I think I'm going to stick to W+M.  Am I crazy in thinking W+M name will travel better initially? ???

congrats on UC Davis.  i don't know if w&m's program travels THAT much further than UC Davis.  i have no idea where either school is ranked, but i do know they're both great schools.  i think you need to think about being with your hubby & working in CA or if you want to uproot everything for the sake of ???

i'm really not sure if leaving CA is the best thing for you.  have you thought about the type of law you want to practice, where you want to practice...etc??? i hear CA's bar exam is pretty difficult--it's one of the hardest, right up there with new england states...the learning curve and the contacts while in school there helps.

i think it's weird how these top schools are still admitting people now & no word from other schools are being posted here.  i wonder if they're waiting for the "storm" to end...

interesting watching this thread..

« Reply #149 on: June 22, 2005, 06:32:04 AM »
i think it's weird how these top schools are still admitting people now & no word from other schools are being posted here.  i wonder if they're waiting for the "storm" to end...

interesting watching this thread..

ITA. I'm waiting on UF & FSU and have found this thread interesting as well. My congratulations go out to all of you, but I can't help but wonder when these waitlist admissions will trickle down.